Chapter Seventeen

Liam's POV

I look down at our hands the entire walk towards the two strangers. I examine the way her hand fits in mine like it's made just for me. The way her fingers fit right in between each of my knuckles. I've been with her for most of my life and I'm now just realizing her hand fit perfectly in mine.

Hailee stops suddenly and I look at her in worry. Her brown eyes meet mine when I look at her and she nods her head towards the two people in front of me. My eyes snap to them and I suddenly rush back into reality. 

After what felt like hours of silence and staring at each other blankly, Hailee speaks up."Scarlett?" Ah, so the woman has a name.

"Yeah?" She says, still staring at me. 

"Don't you have to talk to Liam about something?" Hailee asks and I snap my eyes to her. What could this random woman want to talk to me about? She helped this guy capture my freaking girlfriend! I want absolutely nothing to do with her.

"I want nothing to do with her." I say and look at her. She looks hurt by my words, but why?

"Liam. I know you have no clue what is going on and you're probably feeling really confused, but there are a few things you need to know." Scarlett says in a soft voice that matches her soft brown eyes. The guy is standing with his arms crossed firmly across his chest, just staring at me. I grip Hailee's hand harder, telling her not to let go. She grips my hand just as hard in a way of telling me she isn't and I sigh, every muscle in my body relaxing.

"I'm... I'm your..." Her voice is breaking and I see tears forming in her eyes. I feel more confused than I've ever been as she continues to struggle with the words.

"Spit it out, Scar." The guy finally speaks and Scarlett's eyes snap to his with anger clear in them.

"Shut up, Adam! I don't need your input!" Scarlett shouts towards the guy who finally has a name. Adam.

She takes a deep breath before finally spitting out what she seems to be dying to say."I'm your aunt." She sighs and I chuckle, looking at the ground. My aunt? She isn't serious?

"She isn't serious?" I say.

"She is, Liam. She isn't lying to you." Hailee says and I look at her. Her eyes are watery and I look between Hailee and Scarlett in total disbelief.

She can't be my aunt! Why is she just now showing up in my life?! She looks nothing like my mom or my dad. She isn't my aunt.

"Obviously, you have never met us because your adoptive parents-"

"Adoptive parents?! You really think you're gonna fool me with your lies?!" I shout, furiously. Adoptive parents. Yeah, I have adoptive parents that I didn't even know about."Liar" is printed in bold black letters on her forehead.

"Yes, adoptive parents. Liam, your mom died while giving birth to you at the age of 17. She had cancer when she got pregnant with you and the cancer traveled to her heart, which killed her during the birth. I remember every single moment of that day because I was there when it happened." Her voice is shaky and tears are running down her face, smearing her makeup.

My biological mom died while giving birth to me and Scarlett- my aunt was there watching it. Where is my biological dad now? Why did I have to be adopted? Why couldn't he have taken care of me? I am his son!

My grip on Hailee's hand tightens as I take in all this new information. I hear her sniffling beside me and I reach my other hand around to her cheeks to collect the tears before they fall from her eyes. It hurts to see her crying about something that didn't even happen to her, but if something like this happened to her I would feel the same way. Her free hand comes up to cover my hand on her cheek and her glossy brown eyes meet mine. Out of all her tears, she smiles. Her bright smile lights up the darkness surrounding us and its the only thing I see.

"Why did I have to go up for adoption?! My dad couldn't take me in? Or did he leave when my mom told him she was pregnant with me?" I ask, looking directly at Scarlett. This whole aunt thing is going to be harder than I thought.

"Your father decided that he didn't want to be a father once he found out your mom was pregnant. She was devastated when she realized you were gonna come into this world without a father. Then you lost both of them." Her voice breaks and I look down at the ground.

My mom is gone. My dad didn't want to be my dad so he just left. I have this terrible feeling that he has started a new family and has forgotten about me. I hope that's not true.

Wait. Didn't Scarlett say my adoptive parents wouldn't let them see me? Why wouldn't they let them see me?

"Wait a minute. Aunt Scar, didn't you say something about my adoptive parents not letting you guys see me? Why would they do that? You're my family." I say and look at her. Her bottom lip trembles as a sign that she is on the verge of tears.

"I think it's time to go." Adam says sternly as he grabs my aunt's arm.

"No! You can't leave already!" I shout and push Hailee behind me. She's not going anywhere.

"We need to go." He says again and begins walking towards Hailee and I.

"She's not going with you! She's coming with me! You're not taking her away from me again! You won't take her away from me without a fight!" I shout. It seems as if he didn't hear a word I said because he continues walking towards us. She's not leaving my sight!

I turn around and whisper in Hailee's ear."I won't let him take you, baby. I promise." She nods and I kiss her on the lips before turning around to face the enemy.

HEY GUYS!! Sorry for such a long wait for this update! My computer crashed and I have been busy with school! Hope you liked it! What do you think is gonna happen? Let me know in the comments and please vote!! I will hopefully update again soon! I would also like to thank you guys for reading this story! It means a lot to me! LOVE YOU GUYS!! (: