Chapter Twelve

Liam's P.O.V

I lay on my bed, staring at the boring ceiling. Why are freaks like this guy in this world? My mind travels to the thought of his large hands touching her and I quickly jump to another thought. Has he done this to other girls? Is Hailee the only girl who has been through this? 

The thought of his hands on her travels back to my mind, tormenting me and making me feel more and more guilty. I wasn't there to save her. If I get Hailee back, the guilt will never leave. Will I ever get her back?

I sit up slowly as I hear my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I look over and see Hailee's picture. I immediately answer it.

"Oh my God Hailee. Are you alright?" I say quickly into the phone. Nothing. Just silence.

"Hailee? Are you there?" I ask frantically into the phone. I hear a female groan. My heart stops. Hailee.

"Hailee! Answer me, love." I panic and begin to run my fingers through my hair. What is going on? I hear something being ripped, like fabric, and then I hear her voice.

"What are you doing?" She asks, confused. 

"HAILEE!" I scream into the phone.

"Liam? Is that my phone? Why are you taking my clothes off!?" She shouts and then I hear a loud smack followed by a whimper. My tears begin to flow down my face and I press the record button on my phone, so I can prove at least something. 

I hear a male mutter something and she says something back but I can't hear their voices. I hear her gasp and then another female voice is heard.

"What is going on?!" I hear a woman shout and I recognize the voice. But, who else would be there?

"Scarlett! Help me!" I hear Hailee cry. My tears fall from my cheeks rapidly onto my shirtless chest. Hailee screams again.

"Hailee!" I shout through the phone.

"Who is that?" The woman asks, concerned.

Hailee moans in pain and the woman gasps. I punch my wall and my hand goes through it. Anger courses through my body as I continue to hear the cries and screams of my girlfriend.

I scream in frustration and anger. The more I hear the whimpers and gasps of Hailee, the more adrenaline and anger pumps quickly through my veins.

Hailee's P.O.V

I groan in pain as he kicks me in my rib cage. He kicks me repeatedly. Over and over again.

Scarlett is awake and is attempting to stop her brother who is in a psychotic state at the moment. I cough, my saliva full of red liquid known as my blood.

I hear Liam's voice booming through the speaker of my phone. My cries become louder and Liam's frustrated screams do the same.

"Liam." I say weakly and he screams my name. I cry, knowing he is feeling angry and guilty. Angry for not being here to rescue me and guilty because he couldn't save me from this freak when he kidnapped me.

"You listen to me, you freak." Liam's voice is deep and frightening. Adam stops kicking me in the ribs and listens to Liam's voice." I'm going to find you and kill you, if you lay one more finger on her. Let me talk to her for three minutes. Three minutes is all I need." His voice is still deep and frightening, but there is hope in his voice. Adam looks at me and I look back at him mouthing please.

Adam picks my phone up from the floor beside him and hands it to me. I sigh in relief.

"Liam?" I say into the phone, taking it off of speaker so I'm the only one who can hear him.

"Baby." He sighs."You're okay." I nod, realizing he can't see me and say yeah.

"Love. You gotta listen to me," He begins and I listen closely. I look around the room. Adam is talking to Scarlett quietly and her eyes are wide as they glance between me and Adam." I'm recording this call on my phone right now. I'm going to find you soon, babe. I'm gonna find you." He says and I cry silently.

"Okay." I say quietly and he sighs.

"I love you Hailee. I'll see you soon love." He informs me and hangs up.

I feel less panicked now that I know Liam is going to find me soon. I look back at Scarlett and she is staring at me. Adam turns back around to look at me. He marches toward me, snatching my phone from my hand. I cover myself, realizing I'm only in a bra and underwear with two strangers in the room with me.

Adam takes the stairs two at a time, slamming the door shut when he reaches the top.

Scarlett rushes over to me, handing her jacket to me so I can cover myself. She examines my face and rib cage, which are both bruised badly. I zip up the jacket and she sighs.

Scarlett looks at me." Your boyfriend...," She takes a drop breath before answering." Is my nephew." I gasp.

Hey guys! I just want to thank everybody who is still reading my story. You guys are amazing! Thanks for all your support! Please vote and comment! Love ya guys (: