Chapter Eleven

Hailee's P.O.V.

My breathing quickens and my pulse is beating erratically.

I could be next. This could be it.

I look at Eleanor who is terrified and is still like a statue. I look back at the door and Adam moves away from the doorway. The floorboards above my head creak as Adam walks heavily across them. Something is being dragged across the floor and I cringe. It's probably the girl he just murdered above us.

Adam appears in the doorway again, but his back is to Eleanor and I. He starts to walk down the stairs and my eyes widen at the sight of a girl's body. The girl's body thuds down the stairs as he drags her. Once he reaches the stairs, he turns and the body falls down the remainder of the stairs. The girl's body is covered in blood and she looks unconscious. Oh God. I gasp and I begin to panic even more, which doesn't help the situation at all.

"Stay calm." I hear Liam's voice in the back of my mind and I try my best to stay as calm as possible. My breathing slows slightly but my pulse stays the same.

Adam carelessly tosses the girl next to the staircase. He turns toward Eleanor and I but he looks only at me like I'm the only one in the room. He tilts his head to the side in deep thought and I give him a confused look. I look at Eleanor who was by my side but she isn't there. What?! She was just here a second ago. I look around. No sign of her.

"What? Are you thinking of escaping? I hope not because you may end up like her." Adam chuckles, gesturing to the girl unconscious on the floor beside him. His chuckle sends a chill down my spine. I look from Adam to the girl on the floor. I shake my head quickly and he chuckles even louder.

"That's what I thought." He says and begins to slowly walk toward me. I wiggle in the seat as he gets closer to me. He puts his large hand on the top of my head, holding it in place so I can't move. He leans in close to my face, mere centimeters from my face. I turn my head away from him, in attempt to get away. Without thought, he grabs my chin and holds me in place. I spit in his face and he releases my chin and he slaps me hard across my right cheek. I whimper in pain and he chuckles again. I cringe.

"Keep an eye on her for me." He says as he turns away from me. He takes the stairs two at a time like he's in a hurry just to get upstairs. He walks through the doorway and slams the door.

My cheek hurts. I can't even rub the pain away because my freaking hands are still taped to the chair. I look around the room, searching for Eleanor.

"Eleanor." I attempt to shout but it comes out a whisper. "Eleanor!" I say louder.

Her beautiful, yet messy, auburn hair appears in the light and I sigh in relief. "Is he gone?" She asks and I nod.

"Can you help me get out of this chair, please?" I whine. I need to bring back the blood into my arms. She looks around for something sharp. She reaches next to me where a small table sits with different examination tools that doctors would use on patients. She picks up a surgical knife and cuts the tape off of my arms. I instantly pull my hand to my face to rub away the pain in my right cheek.

"What did he do?" She asks. I look up at her, still rubbing my cheek to remove the pain.

"He slapped me." I say. On the outside, I probably look really calm but on the inside, my thoughts are running wild. She nods and looks over toward the girl on the floor. She slowly walks toward her and I follow. She hovers over the girl in confusion.

"What? What's wrong?" I say and she doesn't look up at me. " Eleanor. What's-"

"I've seen this girl in pictures upstairs. She's his sister or cousin or something. Why would he kill her?" She says, in confusion. If she's related to Adam, why would he kill her? What did she do to make Adam feel the need to kill her?