FORTY-THREE

"All I'm saying is that you maybe should've toned it down with the sweat. Like you don't even sweat that much, I don't know why they had to drench you for that movie." Harrison pointed out, reaching over the table to snatch some more bacon.

Max rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because I have say in anything besides whether or not I do the role."

Maggie gave him a look out of the corner of her eye. "You have plenty say, and you love to try and be this macho sex-machine in every movie."

Dante laughed at that, obviously enjoying the current ragging Max was getting.

"I think that's just how you see it, hon." Max winked at her, and then took a bite of his scrambled eggs.

"No, dude, she's right. Your shirt is off in like ninety percent of your scenes." Isaac pointed out. "Trust me brother, I would never call you a macho sex-machine, but it fits."

Nolan's eyebrows rose. "Do you guys watch everything he makes? I don't even have the weekly hour for Caracallan."

I shuffled the food on my plate around with my fork, engrossed in the conversation and also not hungry. The Caracallan must've been Max's mega-popular television show, that was also apparently ridiculously 'oversexed', as Max had explained.

"Yea, hey, what's gonna happen with Remus? Does he ever—"

Max cut Hayden off. "Every time I'm back here you try and get a spoiler, and every time I have to tell you that I don't know. After Millicent spoiled the end of season two they've only been giving us our scenes."

"Does he die?" Hayden tried again, and Max just groaned.

"Can't you just ask Brody?" Isaac tried again.

"Yes, I can." Isaac opened his mouth to say something, but Max added, "No, I won't. Enough grilling." His eyes landed over on Dante and I. "Why don't you interrogate princey over there?"

Dante gave him a shrug. "I'm not the star of any pornagraphic television shows, so whatever you get might not be as interesting."

Hayden and Harrison let out a collective, "oh!" at Dante's snub, causing Max to roll his eyes.

"You might be right." Max agreed.

Isaac shook his head. "I'm sorry Max, dude, but being Royal has got to be way crazier with the paps and everything." He looked directly at Dante. "You can control what gets out and what doesn't, right?"

Dante waved a hand in a sort of I guess way. "Some things we can't control."

"Like what?" Hayden asked.

"Most of my bad stories have had to do with Finn Sanders. He's stupid." Dante let out a breath, leaning back against his chair.

His words reminded me of his story last night, and I bit back a smile. Obviously, not well enough, because Nolan pointed a finger at me from down the table. His glasses slid down his nose a little at the angle he was looking at us from. "Florence knows something."

All eyes were on me, and felt my face heat. "No I don't."

Dante rolled his eyes, but a smile lit up his face, too. "You find that way funnier than it really is."

"Oh, spill." Maggie insisted.

Dante looked at me to explain, and I shook my head. His eyes stared pointedly. "They're asking you."

"Okay, I would like to point out the grossness of this little mate business—"

"Max," his mate growled.