SIX

When I woke up, Batilda was already showered, her damp hair forming bouncy curls against her back, and made up, with bright pink lipstick. She stared at herself in the dresser mirror, holding two low cut, tight outfits against her body.

I sat up, having to squint my eyes because of the blinding sunlight that streamed through the windows.

"Which one?" She asked, looking at me through the mirror.

I pointed to the left one, barely caring at her choice. After last night, I needed to stay away from her, and be more cautious than I have been.

"Last night, the Prince told me there'd be a ball in a few days, and it'd be a good time to announce that he found his mate. In a weeks time, my job will be done, and it'll all be thanks to you. So for the next six and a half days, there will be no problems. Do you understand me?" Her eyes never left mine, and the frost in her voice brought shivers down my spine.

But I nodded. She would be out of my life in five and a half days. I could do that.

She grinned. "Great! So it's settled. Nice idea hiding in the library, by the way. Although the boys knew you ditched them, it was a smart idea."

She slid on the top, adjusting her bra to make sure her breasts were very obvious. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom, wishing the world would just move a little faster.

* * *

I found myself once again in the library, obeying Batilda's commands like a slave. But the book I was reading was captivating, and I was hooked. I had finished last nights book hours ago, and although my stomach was grumbling, there were no clocks to alert me of when I was allowed to go downstairs.

Although, there were boys. And they decided to arrive just then.

"Goddess damn Dante, he's got legs, he could've came up here, that little–Florence!" Tristan spotted me. He grinned wide, and I noticed how white his teeth were. My goddess, they were blinding.

I returned the smile, going back to my book. They were obviously here to get something for Dante, not to spend time with me.

"Hey, you don't just get to avoid us for a day and then read a book! How awful! Are you feeling alright?" The other brother gasped, his expression telling me there was no worse torture to him than literature.

I raised my eyebrow, and they walked towards me.

"You've missed every meal. My mother is worried, and I think so are Sapph and Dante. I also think we need to show you the kitchen." Triton snatched the book out of my hands before I could realize what he was doing, and looked at the title.

"Ugh, The Scarlett Letter? What is this nonsense? I expected more of you, Florence, I really did. Let's go. I'm starving." Tristan tugged at my arm, and the boys made me leave behind my book and wander through the halls.

When we finally arrived at the kitchen, I was dizzy. The boys must've taken the craziest route to the kitchen, because I definitely felt like we walked in circles a few times.

The kitchen was as elegant and pristine as the rest of the house, and the white countertops shone underneath the bright lights above.

"I'm a shit cook, but we could always get Wilma in here, although she doesn't like us very much. We tend to get in her way often, and sometimes our pranks go a little too far..."