Chapter 10

We were playing with time now, Slender was seriously hurt, the cops were on our ass and of course... we were lost in the woods trying to find the well again. Masky and Hoodie held Slender as we ran through the branches of the trees hitting my face. Laughing Jack let a low growl as he ducked from a low branch, pushing it away so that we could get past it without getting hit as well. 

I heard barking and I knew right away that the cops were literally on our asses. I snapped back towards the flash lights that were flickering around. I clicked my tongue slightly before stopping in my tracks. The rest stopped suddenly, spinning around to look at me.

"Just go, I will find the well. I just gotta get these cops off our asses before we get a bullet in our ass." I said while smiling towards them. 

"You can't just do that, you will get killed." Slender whispered weakly. 

"I'm fine Slendy, trust me." I held up a thumbs up.

Masky and Hoodie began to pull Slender which caused him to stumble a little and had to walk with them. I felt someone beside me, I looked over to see Eyeless Jack standing beside me, he chuckled quietly before rushing beside me. 

"Lets get these asses off of Slender's track. Ready?" he asked quietly. 

"Lets do this thing, now." 

When the cops were close enough to at least see or hear us running, we took off like a bat from hell. I ran right behind Eyeless jack since he could see at night and I was just a 'normal' human. He jumped over a fallen down log and I followed suit. The cops took the bait and chased after us as fast as they could. I clicked my tongue when I heard them behind us, shouting on how they were going to shoot if we didn't stop now. 

I heard a loud noise and something snapping right beside me. They just fired a shot and it barely missed my body. 

"Shit," I said while ducking quickly, staying low to the ground as I ran, "They are shooting at us!" I looked over at Eyeless Jack who was now low to the ground as well.

"Relax, come on." He said while looking up, he grabbed my hand and began to climb a tree. 

"I can't climb trees as fast as you, dork." I glared as I tried to follow his pace, but he was like a money climbing that tree. 

Once we reached high enough, Eyeless Jack grabbed my waist, pulling me to his chest and pressed a hand against my mouth and nose to ease my breathing. The branch began to groan under the weight of both of us on it. The cop dogs stopped and began to circle the tree right under us. I watched in silence, trying to keep my voice as well as my breathing low. The cops soon came into play. The were also looking around the tree as if we were hiding behind it. 

They pointed up the flash lights towards the top of the tree, thank god that the branches were blocking the light from hitting us. Eyeless Jack was literally dead silent as if he died from a heart attack. I closed my eyes as the light hit my own eyes and bounced off. They began to walk away again. He uncovered my mouth slowly and let out a small sigh of relief. Suddenly, the branch gave in, snapping and sending us crashing into the branches below. 

I smashed my head against one of the branches and it knocked me clean off my ass. I landed on the ground in a loud thump and I let out a silent scream of pain. Eyeless Jack landed on a branch, hanging by his stomach. The branch groaned and snapped just like the other one. He landed right next to me in a sick thud. He let out a small chuckle of pain before slowly standing up and holding ut his hand towards me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"No, I think I broke something." I held my ribs in pain, trying to stop the throbbing that came from my ribs.