VIII.

A knock from the door pulled Can from his thoughts and was followed by his mother's voice.

"Can.. Me and Lemon are going to Chiang Mai for your cousin's birthday. We'll be leaving at four. Wanna go with us? We'll be staying there for five days."

Can sighed and stood up. He opened the door for his mom not forgetting to put up a smile cause he didn't want to worry his mother.

"No mom. I'll just go there some other time. Plus I have to meet my friends later. We'll be having dinner at Ae's place."

"Oh. Is that so... Hmmm.. Are you okay Can?" He knew it. What to expect. His mom was so sharp when it comes to her children especially when she knew that there's something wrong.

"Yes mom. I'm okay." He smiled.

"Cantaloupe..." A frown was now forming on her kind face.

"Really mom. I'm okay.. Don't worry.." He assured her.

She's not convinced. He knows. But knowing his mother, he knows that she will not push this through and just wait for him to speak up.

"All right son.. I know, something's bothering you.. But if you're not ready to share it with your mom, it's okay. We'll talk when I come back. Understand?" She caressed her son's cheek and her eyes looked worried.

"Yes mom...."

"Will you be okay here alone? You can follow there if you want.."

"Mom! I'm not a kid anymore. And besides I just came back, and I've missed the gang. We'll be hanging out while you're away." He laughed as her mother jokingly spat his bum.

"There.. There.. It's so refreshing to see your smiling face than what you're having earlier..."

He just smiled at this. And his mother just patted his hair. She looked at her wristwatch and bid him goodbye.

"Aight.. We have to go now.. Take care of yourself okay? And no monkey business Cantaloupe!"

Can laughed and gave his mother a salute. "Aye aye captain!"

He kissed her cheeks and gave her a hug. When she was about to go down, she faced Can again and said, "I miss you Can.. I miss my old happy Cantaloupe.."

Me too mom.. I miss him too..

-----------------------

When the clock strikes 6 o'clock, Can was already walking out and heading for his car. He decided to wear a simple yellow shirt and jeans pairing it up with white sneakers. And his specs completed his casual aura.

When he arrived at the place, he noticed the slight changes on it. It still have it's large windows letting the fresh air in, the only difference is that the place is much bigger now than before. And the place was now adorned by mini chandeliers giving it the cozy vibe.

He walked to the door and opened it. He was welcomed by the alluring aroma of coffee and an almost empty place.

"Ai Can! Here!" He turned to his left and saw P'No and the rest waving enthusiastically at him.

He walked towards the table and almost fell down when Ae suddenly jumped and hugged him.

"Finally!!! How are you, England man? Did you learn lots of English and now ready to teach us?" Ae asked while patting his back hard and still not contented, held his face and pinched his cheeks.

"What the!! Miss me that much Ae?!" Can pushed Ae gently and rubbed his painful cheeks. He turned to Pete and said "How are you coping up with this idiot?"

Pete just laughed and pulled Ae to sit down.

There are vacant seats beside P'No and the other one is beside Ae. Of course he chose the seat beside his P'. He wouldn't want to risk his life with Ae's "warm" welcome.

When he was already settled, the whole table greeted him and P'Type introduced the two unfamiliar faces, which are Tar and Tum. They exchanges "hello's" and "nice to meet you". He then turned to his best buddy which was sitting on his right.

"Ai Good!!!!! How are you my man?" He said as he hugged the poor boy tightly, giggling as he swayed their bodies side to side.

Good become dizzy as Can continue to sway him while hugging him.

"Hey.... Hey.... Ai Can... Stop hugging.. Me... I can't breathe..." Good told him with the same slow voice that he had.

"Oops. Sorry." He let go of Good but still had his arms arouns his shoulders. And Good being the kind friend (and slow ofc 😂) just let him do what he wants.

He noticed that the food was already served but no one's eating yet. He didn't notice that exhange of looks between Techno, Ae and Pete.

"Let's eat now! I'm starving.." Can was about dig in when the door opens. He didn't paid attention to it and continue to full himself by the sight of the delicious dishes.

He saw from his peripheral vision that the newly arrived walked and sit beside Ae and still didn't paid attention and thinking what should he eat first. Food is life, you know.

Then, a cough was heard, pulling his eyes from the food and looked up.

"Hello again... Cantaloupe..."

And he felt like choking even when he haven't eaten anything yet.