VI.

(A/N: Crappy chapter ahead. Sorry. 😔 )

Can gulps as he stared at that face. The face he misses the most. His eyes travelled from the man's eyes to his nose, to his lips, and back to his eyes again.

It felt like deja vu back when he was so irritated because this man always annoy the hell out of him. The first time Gucci betrayed him and let this man hold him while getting his shot.

And now it's happening again.

Can was about to pull Gucci when the man spoke.

"How have you been..... Cantaloupe?" His voice lacked of warmth. His eyes are like ice that can give you chills in your spine.

"I-I'm good. H-how about y-you, T-Tin?" Can stuttered.

It seems like the dog sensed the uncomfortable feeling between the two that he stayed still and just layed between Can's feet.

"I'm doing great." Tin smirked.

"Oh. Really? Then.. That's good." Can laughed awkwardly as he look down because he can't maintain their eye contact.

Of course you're doing good. I saw it with my own eyes...

"Uhm. Ahhh. I-I'm going first. I-I... U-uhmm.. Gucci c'mon.. Let's go."

Can pulled Gucci's leash and was about to walk away when he felt a hand grabbed his arm.

Not so fast Can... Tin thought.

"You're going on the ice cream shop right? And it seems like Gucci don't want to go home yet. Right, my boy?" Tin said as he crouched down and pat the dog's head. Gucci stood up, barked, wagged his tail and jumped on Tin.

"Woah there boy! Easy!" Tin laughed while Gucci continue to lick his face and neck.

"C'mon. Let's go." Tin turned to Can and pulled his arm towards the ice cream shop pulling Gucci with him.

Can just stared at Tin's back. He can feel warmth that emits from Tin's hand to his arms spreading to his body making his face red.

He is feeling giddy inside from that mere touch.

Tin opened the door and let them in. He proceed to the table near the glass wall. He pulled out a chair and asked Can to sit down. He then turned to Gucci and said, "Stay here boy. You're dad wants to eat ice cream." The dog just layed down obeying his order.

Betrayal dog...

Can wanted to say something but was cut off when Tin faced him.

"What flavor do you want?" Tin asked as he stared at me with that nonchalant face.

"I-ah... S-strawberry ice cream with pistachio nuts on top please." Can pull out his wallet and gave some bills to Tin.

Tin just raised his eyebrow at him and said, "I can afford to buy your ice cream Cantaloupe."

"I know but--"
Even before Can finished his sentence, Tin already left and went to the counter. He just watch his retreating back and heave a sigh.

Can removed his eyes from Tin and gaze out of the glass wall. His mind drifted somewhere.

Flashback...

"Ai Tin! Stop licking my ice cream! You have yours! Eat that! You should've bought strawberry too and not vanilla! Look! You almost ate half of it!" Can said as he put his ice cream away from Tin.

Tin leaned at Can and looked at his lips then to his eyes. "Your ice cream tasted a lot better."

"Then go. Buy a new one! Stop eating mine!" Can pouted.

Tin noticed the smudge on Can's upper lip. He raised his right hand to wipe it but changed his mind. He leaned closer and said "You're such a messy eater..." Then dip his head down and put his lips against Can.

Can's eyes widened. He was frozen on his spot when Tin licked his upper lip. It seems like Tin is not yet satisfied, he nibbled his lower lip and pushed his tongue between his mouth. But Can being stubborn didn't even open up a bit. He felt the need to breathe that's why he pushed Tin gently.

"Stop Ai Tin. Why'd you always want to put your tongue inside my mouth?! Do you want to share our saliva? Then I'll gladly spit for you." Can rolled his eyes.

"Silly." Tin chuckled and pat his head. "Next time that we kiss, you should open your mouth."

"Never!"

Can he turn back those times? He smiled bitterly.

It's your fault Cantaloupe... Don't even get the slightest hope that Tin will forgive you...

But.... I have my reasons... His mind argued.
He again felt that clutch on his chest. Making it difficult for him to breathe.

"Hey.." Can was startled when Tin nudged his shoulders.

"What are you thinking?" Tin asked Can as he gave his ice cream and sat in front of him.

Can shooked his head, "Nothing."

Tin studied Can's face. Eyebrows frowning while watching Can lazily scoop his ice cream.

"Tell me what's bothering you Cantaloupe"

"N-nothing. R-really."

"You suck at lying Cantaloupe." Tin smirked.

Can looked up and raised his spoon, "Stop calling me Cantaloupe!"

"And why is that? As far as I remember that's your name.... Cantaloupe." Tin is enjoying this.

"Arghhhhh!" Can gave up and just focused his attention on his ice cream.

Tin watched as Can scoop the nut on top and put it in his mouth. He gulps as he remembered how sweet those lips tasted. He remembered how he got addicted from the very first time he had it. He can still remember Can's shocked face as he pulled his collar and smashed his lips into Can's after calling him an unlove child.

Can notice Tin that is staring on his lips and his face blushed right away.

"W-what are you staring at?" Can said as he kept his eyes down trying to avoid looking at him.

"Hmmmmm. Nothing." A small smile formed on Tin's lips and Can missed it.

"Tsk tsk. You're still a messy eater." Tin extended his hand and wiped Can's lip with his thumb.

Can's heart jump and finally looked at Tin.

Be still, my heart. Can thought.