15 - Unwanted

Alana didn't know what to feel or how she should be feeling. She should be frightened. She is meant to be terrified by the idea of it. And yet she found herself felling numb.

Alana had an immortal womb. From the conversation she eavesdropped from between Lylas and his supposed friend, Derak, this immortal womb was what Lylas has been searching for.

She was bombarded with shock after shock. It had barely been moments ago that Karla informed her that along with his wife, Lylas had also lost a child.

She couldn't imagine the pain he went through. No wonder he was so devoid of any emotion other than that of glaring at everyone and everything. It made sense. There was nothing left in this world for him to smile for.

Derak's words rang back, "...Ahh the birthing part. Yes it will be quite sad for the mortal to lose her life for your child... "

So it turns out Lylas was planning to seduce her, so she will give birth to the child he lost? But it was bad news for her because she was going to lose her life for this child?

Alana didn't know what to feel. On one hand, she was happy finally that Lylas needed her, so maybe it meant she was staying. On the other hand, if she was to stay, she wasn't going to live for very long.

Did she want to go through with this? Was she willing to sacrifice her life for his child? How was his child even alive for this long?

***

                   Mena found her an hour later. Alana was sitting under one of the apricot blossom trees, on the path to the Lylas's garden. She had been trying to understand and take in all she had heard from the conversation she eavesdropped earlier.

There was one thing that struck her curiosity the most. What exactly happened fifteen thousand years ago to have caused Lylas to lose both mother and child?

"Miss, Alana." Mena approached her, her eyes and demeanour filled with concern.

Alana snapped her head upwards in a startled motion and relaxed when she recognised Mena in front of her.

"Mena." She acknowledged.

"Whatever is the matter, Miss? You did not come down for breakfast and just now you look like you just heard bad news."

Alana shook her head, attempting to dismiss the concern. "I'm quite fine, thank you."

"Master is preparing to return you back to the mortal world. He told me to tell you you have at least an hour to say goodbye to everyone."

Alana blanched, freezing. "One hour? Goodbye? So I'm not staying?"

"It's not my decision Miss. As much as I enjoyed your company for these past two weeks, you have to return to your normalcy..."

Something akin to panic punctured through Alana. She bit her lips to hide the anxiety. So lylas was not going to seduce her as he had planned?

"Is he going to wipe my memory?" Alana asked. She didn't know where this feeling that he was going to had come from.

Mena nodded to affirm her question.

Alana sighed and refused to stand up. Mena sat next to her, her hands catching the falling blossoms. She chanted a spell and Alana watched as the petals began dancing with the wind around them. They created many shapes and figures. It was beautiful.