8 - Healed

The lotus spring bath was located west of the main house. Alana followed Mena as the path merged on to a canopy of peach blossoms trees. Their petals blanketed the whole path in a beautiful pinkish glow, it felt magical.

Mena guided her out of the canopy until they reached a dead end space that was filled with only grass and shrubbery. From this point, Mena took out what looked like a shiny pearl. Alana watched as Mena whispered something under her lips before throwing the pearl at the dead end.

Two events happened; the first was the pearl hitting what looked like a forcefield wall. The impact caused the second event, the rippling of the forcefield wall. This effect was similar to a drop rippling the surface of water. The ripple-effect caused a shift around them and Mena quickly grabbed Alana's hand before guiding her inside the rippling forcefield.

Alana was astonished once she saw what was on the other side. The skies were in a different colour, not blue but dark green. It seemed as if blue and green were inverted since the trees around were a blue colour instead of green. These trees were very oddly placed; some were suspended in mid-air, while others where rooted on the ground.

However, what most fascinated Alana was the meadow-like garden of ponds they were standing in. These ponds were filled with lily flower pods. Finally, at the end of this garden, sat the long lotus spring pool-like bath. The edge of the pool was a cliff looking down into an infinite abyss of the dark green sky.

"This is the place that is going to heal you, Miss Alana...Master Lylas's lotus spring bath that is famous for healing any possible disease." Mena informed her.

A layer of fog condensed the lotus shaped spring and Alana couldn't exactly tell the colour of the water.

"We got here in time, the sun peak is about to be at its highest. It will change the foundations of the spring."

Just as Mena finished speaking the sun above hit a spot on the spring that resulted in a phenomenal chain reaction. The condensed fog cleared, revealing murky greenish waters. Around them, a forcefield reconstructed itself until it became a see-through shimmering dome. The shimmering made the outside look brighter and and more colour.

Alana's felt her hands itching for a paintbrush, the urge to paint this scenery overruling everything else.

"The dome makes the spring private, you can see outside, but cannot see inside. It's mirrored, reflecting only the outside world for both ways. So you won't have to worry about privacy."

Alana eyes bulged. She nodded at Mena as if she understood.

Would there ever be one day were she would understand the magic behind how everything worked? The probability of this was very slight.

"Now that it has cleared, the spring needs to know whose body it's healing. You will need to dip your foot."

Alana proceeded into removing her blocked heals and dipping her toes on the edge of the spring. She felt a stinging pinch on her toe, as if someone pricked her with a needle. On reflex, she quickly removed her feet away.

"It's okay," Mena reassured her. "See, it just needs your blood so it knows exactly how your body works and where to heal you."

Alana watched as the trail of her blood on the water disappeared deep down, Then all of a sudden the surface of water rippled in small vibrations, before finally settling down to a clear green.

"It's ready." Mena told her. "I will give you your privacy now. You just need to soak for thirty minutes at most."

Mena then left Alana on her own. Alana didn't see exactly where she had exited from, it was as if she had just disappeared in thin air.