Lunchtme Kidapping [22]

* Chapter 22: Lunchtime Kidnapping *

The next few days went by in a blur. Paul texted me a lot and called me multiple times every few hours, hoping I would finally decide to pick up once. I was almost tempted to once but then remembered that I deserve better and just decided to shut my phone off so I didn't do anything stupid.

He even tried visiting Bridget's house once which is where I've been camping out at for a while now. But not wanting him to be dead yet, I made sure Hunter told him not to go to my house because if my dad found out about this, someone, either Paul or Hunter - maybe even both or maybe even all five of the guys - would be dead.

A knocking on the door brought me out of my thoughts. My eyes widened as I quickly shut off the running water in front of me.

Walking over to the bathroom door, I unlocked the door. Before I could twist the knob and open it, the white piece of wood flew towards me, connecting with my forehead.

I winced, pulling my hand up to my forehead, before turning to Bridget and raising an eyebrow at her. "Really?" I asked.

"What?" she asked back, innocently.

"You just smacked me in the face with the door!" I yelled at her.

She shrugged. "Well, you wouldn't open the door!"

"That's because I was busy!" I countered.

She gave me an incredulous look, leaning against the granite counter top as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Doing what?" she asked.

"Washing my face," I said.

"Last time I checked, it doesn't take five minutes to wash your face," Bidget retorted.

"Well," I said, trying to come up with something as I walked out of the bathroom and towards the closet, trying to decide what to wear. "I like to wash it to perfection."

"You're crazy," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, says the girl with a pimple on her face," I lied. Bridget's skin was flawless and it has been for as long as I can remember.

Her eyes went wide as she reached up and covered her face. "Oh my gosh! Really? Where?" she asked, panicking.

"Go look in the mirror," I told her, shoving her out of my room before shutting the door close on her and locking it.

I let out a deep breath as I heard Bridget yell outside. "Hey! Liar! You said that purposely, you jerk!" she screamed.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm getting ready!" I yelled.

I heard her huff before walking down the staircase and being greeted by Lexi.

I groaned before picking out a random top and shorts along with a pair of sandals. I figured my hair was fine so I left it and applied a bit of mascara and eyeliner before grabbing my backpack off the floor and walking downstairs into the kitchen.

***

"What's wrong with you?" Hunter asked as Bridget and I arrived in school.

"Lots of things," Bridget muttered.

"You fell for it, not me," I told her. She rolled her eyes as Christian, Ryan, and Brent joined us. I let out a breath of air when I realized Paul wasn't with them. I felt Hunter's grip on my hand tighten and I looked up at him.

"It's fine, Ally. His loss, right?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.

I sighed, nodding before pressing my lips to Hunter's gently.