Lunchtime Breakups [4]

*Chapter 4: Lunchtime Breakups *

I sat with my head slumped against my hand, my elbow resting on the desk. I was totally out of it today. I couldn't listen to anything my teacher's said and I did everything in a daze.

One reason why might be because I woke up last night, tossing and turning. Another reason is because of that Mark guy. I kept thinking about him and what to do. And that's exactly what I was doing fourth period in World Language which I didn't care much for. Then again, I didn't care much for a lot of stuff at the moment.

I heard the faint noise of the bell ringing and quickly slid out of my seat, grabbing my bag from the floor and walking out the door. In a daze of course.

I walked down the hall to my locker to put my books away so I could go to lunch but stopped short when I saw him.

He stood at my locker with a smirk that made me come out of my daze. It was kind of like having a foggy day and then the sun just comes out, making everything clearer.

I stalked towards him, narrowing my eyes at him while he kept up the playful smirk.

When I reached my locker, he looked at me and smiled. Like a real actual smile.

"Hey, Ally," he said in a deep, husky voice. It sent shivers down my neck and that's when I noticed how close we were.

"What're you doing here, Mark?" I asked him.

This time, his smirk came back, his amazing smile fading away.

"Same thing I did yesterday. Delivering the note. But this time, I couldn't fit everything in so I decided to just wait here and give it to you," he said.

"What do you mean every-"

I was cut short when he pulled out a huge bar of chocolate with almonds; my favorite. On top, the note was attached with a piece of tape.

Not wasting any time, I took the tape off and opened the note to reveal these words:

I know you want to know who I am, but you can't. Not right now. But our paths will cross soon. I promise. And btw, what's with you being in a daze today ? ;) Well, you still look cute. -Prince Charming

I stared at the note wide-eyed, wondering how in the hell I was going to find out who he was. He obviously didn't want me to, but I didn't care about that.

"How'd he know my favorite chocolate?" I asked.

Mark shrugged beside me. "I don't know. I'm just told to deliver the stuff."

I shook my head and then turned to my locker and opened it, depositing my books in it.

"Well, I'm going to lunch so I'll see you around hopefully," Mark said.

"Well, I'm going to lunch as well so I guess I'll be seeing you sooner than I liked," I said, a bit too icily.

Mark flinched at my tone but then sighed and walked forward, keeping up the pace so he stayed right beside me.

"Listen, I'm sorry about this all but if I could tell you, I would," he said.

"Then, tell me!" I said.

He shook his head. "I can't. But I'll get him to help you out," Mark said before walking through the double doors and into the cafeteria.

I followed suit and walked into line where Bridget was.

Grabbing a chicken club sandwich and placing it on my tray, I grabbed a vitamin water and walked to the table, Bridget following behind me.

I sat down at the table and frowned when I saw Mark heading this way.