The Answer I've Been Waiting For [14]

*Chapter 14: The Answer I've Been Waiting For *

I sat on the bench outside the room, tapping my foot impatiently.

It had been four days since the accident and now, the doctors were checking in on Hunter again. I had been here every single day since so I should be used to having to sit out here for a while, but I wasn't. Especially since the doctors were keeping us out for about half an hour just to give him more pain medications and take off his leg cast. Apparently, his leg wasn't really broken but they had just put it on him to be sure.

Ever since Hunter had been in the hospital, his parents have only visited him once and that was this morning for about two minutes before they drove off to work. I thought back to the other day when Hunter said that he had a lot going on. I wonder if it had to do with his parents. And if it did, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

"Will you stop that?" a voice snapped.

I looked to see Paul scowling at me. I blushed and brought my foot up until I was sitting criss cross on the bench.

Paul was still mad at me from that day at school and he didn't take one second out of his day to not remind me of it. Every chance he had, he complained about everything I did. I thought that maybe him seeing Steven would make him soften up but that obviously hadn't worked. So now I had to deal with two people I cared about in the hospital, Paul being an asshole, and school.

School. Luckily, our parents had called the teachers and the teachers said that we could have this week off but that ended soon. The guys had decided they were going back tomorrow but I still wanted to stay with Hunter. Bridget offered to stay with me but I told her that if she really wants to, she can go back. Plus, I need to get my work, too so maybe she could bring it for me.

She then pointed out that if Hunter was sleeping or getting checked on, I'd have nothing to do and Steven wouldn't always be available. I just told her that I'd get Sid to visit me and save me from this misery.

I groaned thinking about it all.

"God, you're so annoying," Paul said.

Suddenly, I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and stalked away until I reached the girls' bathroom. I gripped onto the sink, glancing at myself in the mirror.

My hair was thrown up in a messy bun and I wore a pair of shorts and a tank top. I didn't have make up on and since I hadn't slept good the past few days, my eyes had bags under them. My hazel eyes looked dark and I had this sudden impatience.

My anger boiled inside of me and I turned around, punching a stall door. There was a slight dent in it now and my fist throbbed.

"Ah, f*ck!" I cried, holding my fist and then shaking it out.

"Holy sh*t," said a voice.

I looked to see Bridget in the doorway, staring at me.

I took a deep breath and looked down at my fist. I collapsed in a heap on the floor.

"What's happening to me?" I asked.

"You're just overwhelmed and putting yourself under a lot of stress," Bridget said, crouching down to my level. "Don't take everything out on yourself and certainly don't let Paul get to you."

"Now," she said, standing up and sticking her hand out for me. "Let's go get some ice for that hand."

I took her hand and let he pull me up to my feet. With one last look in the mirror, we walked out of the room to find some ice.

***

"Whoa, what'd you do now?" Ryan asked, eyeing my fist which was being healed by ice. The swelling had stopped but there was still some pain.