Emotional Breakdowns and Plans [10]

*Chapter 10: Emotional Breakdowns and Plans *

I groggily walked downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast off the counter before viciously stuffing it in my mouth.

Today was Tuesday and I hated it. Yesterday was Monday, professional day at my school so we all got a day off. Usually, I hated Mondays but yesterday, I was so thankful. After the party, I had cried myself to sleep and used yesterday to try and recompose myself. If you can't tell, it didn't work.

I ignored all rocks thrown at my window, phone calls, text messages, ringing doorbells, and people calling my name. I didn't even talk to Bridget, Caleb, or Eric. I just wanted some time to myself.

I grabbed my backpack off the floor and walked out of the door to my car. I heard a noise and turned to see the neighbors' front door open, Hunter appearing out of it.

My eyes went wide as I ran into my car for cover, screaming in frustration as I tried to stick the key in the slot while Hunter ran towards me. It finally slipped in and without waiting, I backed up out of the driveway, speeding down towards the school.

When I arrived at school, I grabbed my items quickly before trying to look normal while trying to get to the school building quickly.

I opened the doors and walked down the hallway until I reached my locker where Bridget was waiting.

"What's going on?" she said, not allowing me to get to my locker.

"Bridget, move. I need candy," I told her, shoving her aside and putting my combination in. I grabbed my books for the morning, looking around me frantically every five seconds for signs of Hunter or any of the other guys.

You could say I was paranoid.

I stuffed the last book for my morning classes and shoved it in my bag before grabbing a peppermint and shutting my locker.

"Ally!" yelled a voice.

I turned and let out a relieved sigh when I saw it was just Paul. But then my eyes went wide as I shook my head.

I couldn't talk to Paul! I'd end up crying like a baby. Plus, my plan was to avoid all of them at all costs.

I grabbed Bridget and tugged her into the bathroom nearby.

"Okay, that's it. What's going on?" Bridget demanded, placing a hand on her hip.

I sighed and slumped against the wall until I was sitting on the floor, my head in my hands, my knees pulled up to my chest.

"I can't do it anymore, Bridget. I can't look for him anymore. I'm tired. I've barely slept, I'm paranoid, I just want this over with," I panted.

Bridget frowned and sat next to me on the floor, looking at me. "What happened at the party?" she asked.

I took a big breath before letting it out and speaking. "Hunter and I kissed," I said.

She smiled. "That's great! Was it like Prince Charming's? How was it? Is he a good kisser?" she asked.

"Bridget!" I yelled, causing her to shut up and listen.

I sighed. "It was great. But that's the thing. After we kissed, he told me he wanted me but he couldn't... because he's not him. And earlier at the party, when we first arrived, Christian kissed me on the cheek and I don't know. They haven't all kissed me so I don't know who's him and I don't want to just go around kissing guys. Plus, all I remember about Prince Charming's kiss is it was great."

"But you told me you didn't care who it was as long as you found him," she said, her head cocked to the side.

"I can't explain it," I said.