Opening Up [13]

*Chapter 13: Opening Up * 

You know that feeling you get when everything goes wrong and you can't help but break down and cry? When you feel like you'll never see the brighter side of things ever again, no matter how hard you try? That feeling when your hearts takes a stab. knife after knife, slowly cracking, then a pebble is thrown and it crumbles to ashes? When you just don't know what to do anymore and you've tried so hard to keep the bad out of your life?

Well that's how I felt.

I rushed through the hospital doors, tears streaming down my face as Bridget and the guys followed closely behind.

Linda looked up from her position on the desk, her eyes filling with worry when they landed on me. I rushed over to the desk as she shook her head.

"Ally, what's wrong? I mean, Steven's fine. He-"

I shook my head, cutting her off. "What room is Hunter Daniels in?" I asked.

"Same floor as Steven. They just placed him in room 457," she said quickly, knowing I was in a rush.

I nodded before darting around the desk to the elevator, frantically pushing the up button. I repeatedly pressed it at least twenty times before Ryan pulled me away.

"I think that's enough," he said.

I shook my head. A second later, the door opened and I jumped in, now frantically pushing the number of the level both Steven and Hunter were on.

When the doors opened, I ran down the hall, all the nurses giving me worried glances. They probably thought something was wrong with Steven. I just kept running towards room 457.

Finally, those three digits appeared in front of my face. I took a deep breath and ran a hand over my face, wiping away all the tears. I probably looked like a raccoon. Pushing the door open, I slowly walked in, taking in Hunter.

His body was laid out on the bed. His eyes were closed and there were tons of tubes attached to him just about everywhere you could think of. His stomach. His arms. His legs. His face. His back. Hunter had an oxygen mask placed over his mouth. His left leg was propped up and his right arm was in a cast.

His hair was all tangled and messed up and if the rest of his body hadn't looked so bad, I would've said he looked really hot. There were cuts above his eyebrow.

My eyes trailed down to his bare chest where there were a few more cuts and a big bandage wrapped around his torso.

I slowly walked towards the bed, more tears starting to slowly trail down my face. I slowly took Hunter's hand in mine, scared I would hurt him. I bent down and kissed his hand before gently placing it back down on the small pillow.

"He's okay," said a voice. I turned around to see it hadn't come from any of my friends, but a nurse. Her name tag read 'Angelica'.

I shook my head. "This is all my fault," I whispered.

The nurse came over to me, placing her hands on my shoulder. "Sweetie, you can't blame yourself for things. He just had a lot going on and needed to get rid of it. A big rig hit him because the driver wasn't paying attention. It wasn't because of you," she told me.

I just cried, not trusting my voice to be strong enough to answer.

"The doctors are going to come and check on him so you'll all have to leave for a few minutes," she told us.

I turned to her. "Is Steven is his room?" I whispered. She nodded.

"Thanks," I said, hugging her.