The Dinner [3]

*Chapter 3: The Dinner *

I smiled, walking up the steps to Bridget's room. I threw open her door to reveal her dancing around in her soffee shorts and tank, her hair thrown into a messy bun, her earphones stuck in her ears.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. I crossed my arms, leaning against the door frame, a smirk on my lips as I pulled my phone out and began recording it.

After a while, she finally noticed I was there due to the fact that before she was dancing with her eyes closed.

Her eyes went wide as she glanced at my phone. Knowing what was about to happen, I pressed the stop button before running out of the room.

"Ally!" she screamed.

I looked over my shoulder, smirking as I slid down the stair railing, a skill I developed. Luckily, Bridget hadn't developed that skill which you'd think she would seeing that her stairs were gigantic!

I placed my feet on the floor, jumping off the railing. I ran around the house, Bridget following behind. She began to gain on me but I ran through the kitchen, inbetween all the chefs. Bridget wasn't good at planning quickly and had to stop to keep from running into one of the chefs. I smirked as the chefs just shook their heads at us and smiled.

Suddenly, I came to a halt, Mrs. Harrison standing in front of me.

My eyes went wide, my mouth forming an 'o'. "Whoops," I said.

She rolled her eyes at me but smiled, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and smiled. When she pulled away, she gave me a questioning look.

"So why's Bridget chasing you?" she asked.

I smirked. "She was dancing and I took a video without her knowing," I said, pulling my phone out and showing her mom.

Her mom began laughing as Bridget stood in front of us, giving us a glare. She knew she couldn't attack me though with her mom right here. Her mom loved me too much and even though she knew we were joking around, she sometimes took things too serious and yelled at Bridget to stop while I snickered.

After the video finished, her mom laughed again. "Send that to me," she said.

I grinned like a cheshire cat. "Sure thing Mommy," I said. After knowing Bridget forever, it was safe to call her mom, mine.

She glared at me but then sighed and headed back up the stairs. I sent the video to my email as well, knowing Bridget might try to delete it off my phone.

I then climbed the stairs as well, this time going into my own room. I looked at the choices of clothing but wasn't sure what to wear. I walked over to Bridget's bedroom and knocked on the door because she had locked it.

"Bridget!" I said, banging on the door.

"Come in," she said, but I could hear the amusement in her tone.

"If I could I would," I said. "Too bad it's locked."

"You're right. What a shame." I could tell she was trying not to laugh. Taking a bobby pin out of my hair, I picked the lock as the door flung open.

"Is this a formal dinner?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. These people are wealthy, too.. or I think they are. I don't know but my mom told me to act on my best behavior which she never does because she always knows I will so I'm guessing it is. This is what I'm wearing," she said, showing me a light yellow dress. It had spaghetti straps and a v-neck form. The waist was embellished in jewels and then the bottom flowed out.

"That's so pretty!" I told her, smiling.

"Thanks," she said, smiling.

"Just imagine how it'll look on me!" I joked.