So Not Funny [18]

*Chapter 18: So Not Funny*

Weeks passed by and the days rolled on. We got less homework in school, seeing that summer was nearing, but that just meant we had to work harder in class.

These days, I got up, went to school, did my homework, hung out with my friends, and then fell asleep at Brigdet's. I was too lazy and tired this week to drive myself home. Sometimes, Hunter would sleep over Bridget's too and we'd share a bed. But we didn't do "it" or anything.

By now, Hunter's leg was healed, his cast was off, and he was back at school. His parents would always wave and say hello to me when I saw them or maybe even give me a hug.

My parents, well, they were still growing on Hunter. Or at least my dad still had some growing to do. My mom was a total fan girl.

Steven got better and they said that soon, he would be able to come home. It'd only be for about a day or two but it was better than nothing.

I talked to the guys still. Paul still refused to talk to me though.

Now, I sat on my bed, my headphones on as I stared up at the blank teal ceiling. I sighed as I thought about everything that was going on. All this thinking was hurting my head.

I got up from my bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a vitamin water out of the fridge. Candy walked over to me and licked my heel.

I sat on the kitchen floor, my back against the island as I pet Candy.

A moment later, the doorbell rang. I groaned, not really in the mood to move. Yesterday, I had went to the gym and let me tell you; saying that my body's sore would be the understatement of the year.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey," Hunter said, smiling at me.

I smiled at him as he wrapped me up in a hug. I hugged him back, even though it hurt. I stepped aside so he could come inside.

"So," Hunter began as I closed the door. "I was thinking that tonight, I could take you on our first date," he finished.

I looked up at him and smiled. Sure, we've been together for about a month now but for the firs few weeks, Hunter was in pain. The next few, everything was crazy and we had to catch up on the work we missed. Last week, we had exams at school which you really had to study for. This was basically our first free week.

I nodded, kissing him softly. "That'd be great," I said.

"Okay, then. Well, I have to go help my friend out. He's moving into a new apartment and I told him I'd help so be ready by seven and dress casual," he told me, smiling. Hunter then bent down and kissed my forehead softly.

I smiled at his touch. "Okay, see you later," I said, as I watched him walk out of the house.

As soon as he left and the door was closed, I did that little happy dance girls always do when a guy asks them out or kisses them or whatever.

After I was done making a fool of myself, I took a deep breath and smiled before walking back into the kitchen and playing with Candy.

***

I heard the doorbell ring as I took one last look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a pair of denim washed shorts along with a pink crop top that exposed the bottom of my stomach a bit. I placed on a pair of black flip flops just as I heard the door open and muttered voices.

I quicky pocketed my phone and ran out of my room, down the steps, my straight hair flowing behind me. Candy chased after me, probably thinking this was a game.