22 - Thirty Feet Away

----------
Emily
----------

"Okay class, that's the bell. I'll see you all on Wednesday." I put my iPad into my bag and slid the straps over my shoulders, walking out of class and to my last class for the day.

"Hey loser." A familiar voice rung in my ears, instantly making my heart race. I turned around figuring they were talking to me, when I became face to face with Grayson.

"Oh my god you scared me." I said quietly and gave him a hug, my face beginning to blush.

"I'm sorry, you just looked too cute to not bother." He said in my ear, sending chills down my spine, right before we let go of each other.

"Shut up, Grayson." I smirked and walked outside of the building, and went to the one right next door, Grayson walking right next to me. "Why are you following me?"

"I'm not, I'm going to my class." He smirked as he gave me a side eye look, opening the door to the entrance of the building, letting me walk in first.

"Who do you have?" I asked as the two of us walked through the large building.

"I'm right here." He said, stopping at the door next to my class. I smiled at him and walked back closer to the door. "Wanna go get something to eat after class?" One of his eyebrows perched as he leaned against the wall outside of his classroom.

"Sure. Sounds nice." I started to back away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"Meet me here when you're out, if I'm not out before you, just text me that you're here." I nodded agreeing with his plan. Of course I'm not gonna turn down food.

"Alright, I'll see you after class." I tried walking again but he pulled my arm again. "What Grayson?" I giggled and faced him again, his hand going to my waist.

"Have a good time, text me if you get bored, I'll see you in a little bit." He smiled at me as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, my cheeks growing warm, and his turning a light shade of pink. "I fucking love when you blush." His voice was soft as his hand went to the back of my neck, my eyes staring into his.

"I've gotta go Grayson." I giggled and he shook his head in an amazed type of way, then he leaned in and gently pressed his lips against mine, making me want more, but his lips left mine shortly after, my heart beating incredibly fast after being caught off guard, and my eyes following him as he walked inside the classroom, a warm smile on his face.

I quickly covered the smile that was forming and walked to my classroom about 30 feet away.

______

"Ready?" Grayson asked after walking out of his classroom, approximately 2 seconds after I got here.

"Yeah, are we taking your car?" I asked as I put my phone into the pocket of my hoodie, Grayson and I walking out together.

"Is that okay?" He asked, glancing at me quickly, then looking straight ahead.

"That's fine Grayson." I couldn't help but blush while being around him. After seeing him again, all of these feelings came flooding back and I don't know what to do. Do I try to go for it with Grayson and risk the chance of him basically rejecting me again, or do I stay friends with him and drown in my own self pity?