6 - It Doesn't Want Me

----------
Emily
----------

I walked down the hallway, loud talking in my ears like usual, dreading coming here in the first place.

I don't know why we kissed last week, or why I didn't just leave. Maybe a part of me wanted it. Maybe I wanted to know what the hype was about. Just curious. Or maybe it was me punishing myself again like I did in middle school every time he terrorized me.

I can still sometimes feel his lips on mine, the way they pulled at mine, almost not wanting to let go, but I'm sure he did. He can't possibly enjoy kissing me, if for the longest time, he's hated me.

I walked into my class, and sat down in my usual seat, like I do every day, ignoring the people around me. A hum in my head, signaling I'm awake, but not aware.

The last six years of my life have been complete and utter hell because of him, and the one thing I used to get me away from it is now being stalked... by him.

"Em." I looked up and saw his face, a normal smirk resting on his lips, as if there'd be anything else. "Wanna come to my place tonight? We can finish what we started."

His veiny hand rested on my desk in front of my face, and for some reason the only thing I could focus on was his body. How built and muscular it was, no wonder he could easily pin me against a wall, he's huge.

"Same old same, am I right? You'd think a genuine human being with genuine feelings would learn how to leave people alone when they're upset, but clearly not you." I pulled my earbuds out of my bag and pushed them into the charger hole of my phone, then put them into my ears, playing music and letting the guy in front of me disappear.

______

I walked to my car after school and saw Grayson standing there leaning against it.

"If it isn't the one and only." He said as I approached my car hoping he'd leave if I ignored him. "You can't ignore me forever. I know what you want."

"What? What do you think I want Grayson? I can't fucking stand you!" I yelled, throwing my bag into the backseat of my car and slamming the door shut.

"I think you want to hook up, but that you don't want to be a cliché, so you act like you don't like me." He got into the passenger seat of my car and I groaned at his immaturity and stubbornness before also getting in the car.

"No, you fucking imbecile. I want nothing to do with you. If you think that I'm going to thank you for assaulting my ex boyfriend you're a bigger idiot than I thought." I started the car and sat waiting for him to get out, but he clearly wasn't budging.

"I did you a favor. You don't know what he was about to do if I wouldn't have stopped him." I stared at his beautiful brown eyes, wondering how something so beautiful can be put on a person with such an ugly personality.

"I don't need you to do favors for me Grayson. I'm almost an adult, I can take care of myself." I wanted to be mad at him, but I can't stop thinking about the way he kissed me. He literally swept me off my feet; and I wish he didn't.

"I've never liked him." He said, looking ahead and crossing his tanned arms, making the muscles pop out slightly more.

"Why? Because he was more popular than you?" I scoffed and turned my car off, not wanting to waste more gas than I needed to.