2 - Stop While You're Ahead

----------
Emily
----------

I looked up to the sky, admiring the cloudless day. Not a single cloud I could see.

It almost seemed too perfect. These were always my favorite days.

The nice weather, birds chirping, sun beating down on my skin as I jogged along the track. A slight burn forming on my shoulders that'll later turn into a golden tan.

"You come here a lot, don't you?" I took my single earbud out and turned towards the brown haired boy running next to me. "I can see the track perfectly from my bedroom window, you're here everyday."

"Well, I am in track." I put in one of my earbuds in, trying to ignore the narcissist next to me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him jogging backwards so he could see me, but I ignored him and picked up my pace.

"You know, I went to the track to see you on friday." I rolled my eyes and slowed down, wanting more reasoning behind his stalker-like tendencies.

"Why?" I took the other earbud out again and he smiled.

"I think you know why." One of his eyebrows raised and I rolled my eyes again.

"Grayson. If this is all some plot to get me to talk to you, stop while you're ahead."

"I do it because I know you hate it. And I low key think this little thing between us is your way of flirting." I stopped and glared at him. Appalled that he'd even think that.

"You've got this completely wrong." I snapped at him. "You have no idea who I am, or how I act. Get your head out of your ass." I put both earbuds in, then jogged around the track, ignoring his presence again.

I stopped at my car and took a drink of my ice cold water, then looked around and Grayson was nowhere to be seen. He must've left. Thank god.

I pulled my phone out and looked at my recent notifications. 'I know you're at the track. Come to my house when you're done❤️❤️' Malia.

'Can I shower first? I'm all sweaty and I don't want to stay in theses clothes.' I said as I stopped my music and unplugged my headphones then got into the driver's seat of my car.

'Hurry up. I have news.'

'Omg. What happened?'

'Be fast and then you'll find out!'

'I'll be there in like half an hour.'

'Okay.'

I drove away from the track and down a couple blocks to my house, then parked my car, got out, and went inside.

"How was your run, sweetie?" My mom asked as I walked in. Her beautiful blonde hair curled like always and resting upon her shoulders as she stopped vacuuming.

"It was good, thanks. Uhm, I'm gonna go to Malia's in a little bit is that cool?" I said, pointing behind me.

"Of course. Tell her parents I said hi."

"I will mom, thank you." I walked upstairs and grabbed a cute casual outfit, opposed to my normal sports wear, and got into the shower.

I stopped and took a deep breath, something I need to do more often, and only seem to do when I'm showering.

The cold water dripping down my spine and legs gave me a rush of energy, and woke me up for the day.

Grayson popped into my head when I remembered running on the track today, and Friday. What does he want with me?