9 - We're Just Friends

----------
Emily
----------

I walked from my class to the lunchroom where people stood in long lines waiting for food and looked over at Ashley, Courtney and Malia standing and laughing with Grayson and Gavin.

I made my way over to them and was immediately greeted by Malia. "Hey, we're all gonna hang out at Grayson's after school. You should come with." The line started moving forward and we all shifted our feet a few steps ahead.

I ended up next to Grayson, although I didn't really mind and he gave me a head nod to say hi. "Yeah sure. Sounds fun." I felt Grayson's hand brush against mine and then he locked his pinky with mine, making heat rise to my face.

Ashley moved over to me and brought her hand up to my ear. "Grayson keeps talking about you. Get it girl." I smiled and rolled my eyes, trying to play it off.

As everyone engaged in their own conversations, I stood on the tip of my toes, talking in Grayson's ear. "Look, I know I'm cute, but you don't need to talk about me." I giggled and he rolled his eyes, a small smirk on his face.

"I want to talk to you about something after school." His thumb ran across the skin on my hand, sending tingles up my arm.

"Okay." I smiled at him and he let go of my pinky grabbing a tray for his food, then we all got our food and walked to the table to sit down, Grayson sitting next to me. "What, you get laid last night, that's why you're being nice to me?" I teased and I felt his leg lean up against mine, but I didn't bother moving it away.

"No, but I might after school." He said in my ear, then smirked at me as he leaned back in his normal position, his beautiful hazel eyes shining under the fluorescent lights.

"Don't get too cocky, it probably won't happen if you do." I whispered back, laughing as he got annoyed.

"So are you guys gonna hook up? I ship Emson all the way." Courtney laughed, and I looked at her confused.

"Emson?" Grayson chuckled, sounding amused.

"Emily and Grayson. I came up with it myself." She brushed the long strawberry blonde hair off her shoulder, giving herself props.

"Yeah, Okay. This conversation is over." I said and we all started eating our foods and talking about random stuff.

The bell rang, signaling us to go back to our class, so we all stood up and cleared our trays, then I started walking the opposite direction from my friends. "Emily. Wait." I heard Grayson say, so I turned around and saw him jogging up to me, our friends mocking us behind him.

"What's up?" I asked and he stopped in front of me.

"Would you mind not telling them about us yet? I just want this to be between us for right now."

"Yeah, no. Okay." I agreed nervously, I'm finally starting to be friends with him, I don't want anything to ruin that.

"Alright, I'll see you at my house later. Bring a swimsuit." He squeezed my arm, then walked away to his class. I inhaled and exhaled then turned around to my class.

______

"Okay, Ashley and Courtney are on their way to Grayson's right now, he said we can come over whenever." Malia said as she read off her phone, then sat next to me on the edge of her bed. "So you and Grayson?" I smirked, locking my phone then sitting it next to her.