Chapter 2: Where it all began

(picture of Mason on the side ----->)

After Mason left I stayed up in my room refusing to stay in the same room with my idiot brothers.

I heard a knocking on my door and I let out a sigh.

“Whoever it is, I most likely hate you at the moment. So please go away.” I said out loud.

“It’s Alex and Aiden.” Said Alex from behind the door.

I was close with all my brothers, but Alex and Aidan were closest to my age so they didn’t have the parental sense that Michael, John, and sometimes Chris had.

“Come in.” I said, while lying on my back looking at the ceiling.

“Okay so I know you hate life and everything but we have a way to cheer you up.” Aiden said.

“This isn’t a good idea.” Alex said to Aiden.

“Oh shut up, no one asked you.” Aiden said to him.

“I don’t care.” Alex said back.

The only problem with Alex and Aiden is that they fight all the time.

“Okay stop both of you, and just continue.” I said annoyed.

“Okay well there’s going to be a party at the beach tomorrow night. It’s the last one before school starts. I knew you always wanted to go and now you finally can.” Aiden said.

“Really? I doubt that they would let me go.” I said.

“We will convince them okay? Down worry lil sis we got you.” Aiden said

The next day Mason was taking me out, to do what? I don’t know. He wanted everyone too see the new me.

I told him about the party, which he already knew about. He was happy  that I was going but even happier that I was going to be able to watch him get with girls.

“Put some clothes on and then you can go with Mason.” John said as I came down to answer the door.

“These are clothes.” I said annoyed. I was wear denim shorts with studs on the back pocket, which I thought was cute, and a white wife beater with lace on the back, and to finish it off my converse.

“There is so little fabric in that outfit that it can’t be classified as clothes.” John said.

“I’m leaving.” I said as I flipped my long wavy hair over my shoulder, and grabbed my ray ban sunglasses, and walked out the door ignoring Johns protest.

“You look happy.” Mason said sarcastically, as I got into his red vintage convertible.

“I’m just peachy. My brothers are insane, Michael wasn't there so ya know John had to step up to be the annoying parent figure.” I said.

“Again, give them a break they aren’t used to this.” He said as he drove, not taking his eyes off the road.

“Whatever.” I said with a sigh.

When Mason parked, the car we were at the little café.

“Oh fancy shmancy, is this new?” I asked as I got out of the car and followed Mason to a little table outside.

“Yes, it is. They give you coffee in the tiniest cups, which makes them legit.” He said, and I laughed.

The waiter that came to take our order was in his 20’s. He had brown hair, and hazel eyes. He kept looking at me and smiling, which was kind of making me uncomfortable and Mason sensed that.