Chapter 5: The secrets are revealed

**Masons POV**

Adriana Lynn Payne has been my best friend ever since I could remember. She was always there for me, and I was always there for her. We were inseparable, we did everything together.

When anyone started picking on her I'd always be there to protect her, but that doesn’t mean people still never tried.

One day in 3rd grade when I found out my mother died, that all changed.

She wasn’t just my best friend; she was much more to me. When she helped me get through the passing of my mother I knew that I would always need her and would always want her in my life.

Of course it took me a while to realize that what I was feeling was love.

I would never admit to myself that I loved her, because that was beyond crazy. Andy was my best friend and that’s all I was to her. I was practically another brother to her, how was I supposed to tell her that I loved her.

As time went on it started to get harder to ignore the way I felt about her. Whenever she walked into a room, it would always put a bright smile on my face. Whenever she touched me, it would send tingles throughout my body.

I always thought Andy was beautiful and I tell her that all the time, because it was true. She was naturally beautiful, she played sports, she knew how to joke around, and she didn’t care about what she looked like. She was hundred times better then all those girly girls in school, and they knew it, that’s why they would always pick on her.

When she had the opportunity to go to Paris I thought it was amazing. Yeah I would miss her but I would get over it. She would finally get away from these jerks in school that treated her badly. I also thought the time away would give me a chance to get over my feelings for her.

It was going pretty well too. I went out with a lot of girls, but I’d always dump them, which made me kind of a known player. But I wasn’t trying to play girls, I actually felt kind of bad. But the girls I went out with were missing something. They didn’t make me feel the way Andy did. But I kept going out with them because I had to do something to at least try to get over her.

When I got to her house the day she returned home I was confident that I only wanted to be friends, but when I saw her that whole confidence fell to the ground.

Andy was more beautiful than ever. She grew up, and filled out in the right places. I wanted to kill any guy who looked at her too long, but I couldn’t. But that didn’t stop me from getting happy when her brothers stopped them.

When I got home that night I came up with a plan that might benefit Andy and I.

Andy looked good and I knew the boys would be all over her, but I couldn’t let that happen. They would use her, and treat her badly so I had to come up with a way to stop that.

Mind me it wasn’t the best plan, but it was the only one that I could think of at that moment.