Chapter 11: Two's a Party

I was sitting among the crowded bleachers watching the intense game in front of me. It was Halloween and the entire crowd was dressed up as something. I was wearing Marks large red, gold, and black jersey, with black shorts, with white knee high socks with a black stripe on the side, and my combat boots. I even drew the 2 thick black lines under my eyes.  A lesson we’ve all learned from mean girls, it’s okay to look slutty on Halloween.

But I was freezing, but it was a price I had to pay.

I wasn’t even allowed to put a jacket on because ‘they wouldn’t know who I was supporting’ according to Mark.

I wasn’t even really supporting him, I was supporting my brothers, Cole, and Mase, and the occasional ‘woohoo’ for Mark.

I was lucky that I was even here; it took a while to convince my brothers to let me go tonight. If it wasn’t for the twins’ help I don’t think I’d be here. It’s not like we could lie and tell them that it’s just the game and then out to eat later, because they went here and they know there’s always a party after.

I was actually watching the game unlike the rest of the girls who were complaining that it was cold and boring.

It was actually pretty amazing, I’ve never seen Mase play that well before and I was proud. I do take some credit for Mase and his mad good football skills; if it wasn’t for me he would barely be able to throw the ball.

The game ended and we won 27 to 13.

I watched the players on the field pound fists, manly hug, and high five each other.

I searched the field for Mason and when I found him he was standing on the field watching me with a bright smile, I gave him 2 thumbs up with a smile. After a few moments my view was blocked by Mark who had me in a tight hug, as I hugged him back I looked for Mase but he was nowhere to be found.

I guess I would just see him at the party.

***

It was loud and crowded, and as soon as I stepped inside the house I wanted to step right back out.

The house was huge, which was no surprise but even then it was still packed and there was barely any room to move.

Mark had his hand on my lower back guiding me into the kitchen to get a drink.

“You want?” He asked as he gestured a can of beer towards me, I just shook my head.

I knew it wouldn’t be a problem with my brothers, but they would be monitoring me the entire night and I didn’t want to do that to them.

Mark gave fist pounds to everyone he saw and I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes out of annoyance.

“Have you seen Mase?” I asked loudly

“Na.” He said.