Chapter 27: Heartbroken

Hi guys for some reason writing this gave me really bad anxiety, I honestly have no idea why. That’s one of the reasons why it took me a while to update another one is that I just kept trying to make it perfect, kept trying to rewrite it to get the emotions & feeelings of Andy just right, & I wanted to make sure it was going in the right direction so yeah, but here it is (:

This chapter is dedicated to @timeandtimeagain1 for commenting on the last chapter with a really great song called Battle Scars by Guy Sebastian & Lupe Fiasco. it really desrcibes Masons struggle with dealing with his feelings for Andy so you should listen to it over there----> 

if anyone else knows of any other good songs that relates to my story or any of the characters comment & let me know :) 

Also if any of you have a favorite line from this chapter or if you post a comment that reallly is something diferent than anything else i've heard i want to dedicate my next chapter to you... 

every single comment & vote really makes me soo happy & i honestly appreciate you all for reading and enjoying my story, thank you so much... :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn’t take long to find Mason, but in those few minutes my heart felt like it was going to drop in the pit of my stomach…just waiting to see the damage I’ve caused.

But as soon as we drove a few blocks down on to the dimly lighted empty corner and I saw Masons car crashed up against the tree I thought I was going to die…

I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t speak…I was frozen…

I could hear the distant screams of Rob trying to get me to move, but it was impossible. I could even hear the sirens approaching the dark corner where I stood…but I still couldn’t move.

My eyes were glued to the wreck in front of me…

After a few moments I fell to the ground on to my knees sobbing uncontrollably as I watched the paramedics and the police surround the car trying to get Mason out without hurting him.

My heart was racing and every part of me was shaking…I was losing control with every second that passed.

It was as if everything was moving so fast around me and I couldn’t grasp onto one moment. My world was going by and I was just watching it unfold, watching it fall apart.

All I could remember is screaming as loudly as I possibly could when I watched Mason lay so helplessly on the gurney with blood covering his face and a brace around his neck, strapped on to the bed.

I just kept screaming, because that was the only thing I could do. The only way I was going to survive…

My best friend, my lifeline, my everything, was going to die…and it was all my fault.

Rob tried to shake me out of my trance but it was impossible, he tried to hold me and comfort me…but it was no use. I could feel my whole body being drained of everything as the realization set in.

Rob called my brothers immediately after he dialed 9-11. They arrived just as they were lifting Mase into the ambulance. My brothers and Rob exchanged words but I couldn’t understand them, and I didn’t care…

Because all I kept thinking about was how I’d rather it be me in that accident then him…how I’d rather be fighting for my life than trying to hold onto my sanity.