Reaping Day: Ella, District 10

Name: Ella Marlok

Age: 14

Appearance: brown curly hair, light skin

Personality: very active, controlling and loud.

Played by: DisneyWorldInfoQueen

____________________

'When I woke up on reaping day, I was nervous. Not "I'm afraid for a test" nervous. More like "I'm gonna die" nervous, and believe me, they are way different! I got up and put on my milking clothes. Living here in 10, milking Millie our cantankerous cow is a normal part of my morning. I go outside and greet Millie. She seems nervous too. When I finish milking and feeding the other animals, I go inside and see my mother frying bacon. She says nothing as she looks at me. "I'm going to get dresses ," I say. She nods. I go upstairs and put on my Sunday best. My blue gingham dress with the red embroidery on the front, my white Mary Janes, and my silver locket my father left me when he died. Now it's just my Mother, Brother Franklin, my Sister Lily and Myself, Ella Marlok.. When I go downstairs my mother and siblings are sitting at the table. Franklin and Lily are to young to be in the reaping. They are 10 and 5 respectively, I tell my mother I'm too nervous to eat and she nods again. I leave the house and walk to the town square a mile away. I get there in 20 min. And get my finger pricked. Here in 10 instead of the girls getting picked first, the boys are, because the boys are the valuable ones. They care for the livestock, while the girls cook, clean, And have babies. The Capital man that usually draws the name steps forward. "Happy Hunger Games!! And may the odds Be ever in your favour!!" He says. I turn my head and notice my best friend Holly standing next to me. "Hi" I say. She smiles and says hi back. Our attention goes back to Benly(the Capital man) as he walks towards the bowl with the boys names in it. His fingers swirl around the bowl and then shoot down and grab a card.he shuffles back to the mike. "Harold Young" he says my head whips to look at my boyfriend getting walked up to the stage. "Now the girls." Benly says less enthusiastically. He walks to the girls bowl, and I feel Holly squeeze my hand and see her give me a sympathetic look. I give her a weak smile. Benly stands at the mike "Ella Marlok!! Come on up sweetie!!!" I can hardly breath. The peace keepers come to me, grab my arms, and half walk, half drag me to the stage. I look up at Harold and see he has tears in his eyes. They put me on the stage and I just stand there staring at the people of district 10. I see my brother, sister , and mother standing in the back. "You two shake hands!" Says Benly. I turn to Harold. We start to shake hands when he pulls me into a hug I start to cry and then I feel the peacekeepers pulling us away from each other , but I hold on as tight as I can but they still pull us apart. Then the real point sinks in. I am going to die, in The Hunger Games.

-Ella Marlok (DisneyWorldInfoQueen)