Day 6 Chapter!

Hailey wakes up and realizes that only 3 tributes remain. She slides down from the tree she was in and rests her back agaisnt the trunk thinking of what she can do. She knows she can't do much without a weapon and her supplies are running low.

Nearby, Claire jolts awake, gasping for air almost like she was being suffocated, but again it was just another nightmare. She's been having the same nightmare about Penelope and clover death, she's woken up 9 times in the past 2 hours as their getting more frequent.

Seeing no point in trying to fall back asleep, she gets up with sword in her hand and bow on her back. After walking out of her tent, she sees that none of her traps she set last night went off. She sighs even though she knows their has to be a certain amount of weight put on them.

On the other side is Ella, she wakes up feeling lonely without Shay. She just packs up her things and starts walking through the forest, not paying much attention as her thoughts are elsewhere.

Since none of Claire's traps have caught anything, she goes through her backpack, and pulls out her canteen and some of the deer.

Drinking and eating the food quickly, not wanting the other two tributes to find her, not after what happened yesterday, and she witnessed it all, 3 deaths in under 10 minutes. She also remembers Hailey, she killed Shay before she got to Penelope, which let her say goodbye to Penelope which she's grateful for.

She packs up her stuff, but only brings the supplies she might need; food, water, rope, bow, sword, and knife.

She makes her way over to the tree where Penelope took her last breaths, finding it hard to hold back the tears she looks the other way, where Hailey took off just after killing Shay.

She makes her way over there, in search of tracks, which she soon finds. She follows them all the way deeper into the woods, leading her to a large tree and sees Hailey sitting with her back against the tree.

She quietly walks up to her and places a hand on her shoulder, this startles Hailey. "Shh, I'm not going to hurt you." Claire tells her. Soon enough Hailey calms down, "Why aren't you going to kill me? I have no weapons, just do it!" Hailey says hanging her head low.

Claire laughs, "because, you gave me the chance to say goodbye to Penelope, so I'm thanking you for this."

Hailey nods but is still confused, "then why are you here?"

"Well, I never wanted to kill anyone, but we have to kill Ella.." She says looking guilty.

"We?" Hailey repeats.

She nods, "I'll need some help."

She sighs, but agrees.

Claire takes a closer look, and Hailey looks dehydrated and hungry. She opens her backpack "are you hungry, thirsty?" Hailey nods.

Claire hands Hailey the rest of the deer, and her canteen almost full of water. Hailey thanks Claire before happily munching away. After she's had enough she wipes her mouth and gives the objects back to Claire.

They both begin hiking to the other side of the forest, because Hailey mentioned to Claire that she had seen her run this way. Sure enough, after a little while they spot Ella walking around.

Claire motions to Hailey to follow, and so she does. They get closer and closer quietly and see Ella is starting a fire. Claire hands Hailey her throwing knife for her safety.

They both slowly creep up behind the tree where Ella is. They see the fire is already lit, and move in. Hailey pins her down before she can react.

"No! No! No please no!" Ella cries out. Claire and Hailey both feel a huge pain of guilt. Claire slowly walks over to her.

"Do me a favour, Claire?" She asks, tears streaming down her face. Claire looks down at her with sympathy in her eyes.

"Yes Ella?" She whispers.

"Make it quick." Ella chokes out.

Claire nods and does so, making the cannon go off immediately. Claire and Hailey both just stand there staring at the ground for what seemed like forever, before Hailey spoke up.

"Claire?"

She turns around looking at Hailey, only to hear 2 words that fill her with even more dread.

"What now?"

_________________________________

Okay, so this is the chapter of how we got to the final two tributes. Next chapter will be the tasks for those two.

May the odds be ever in your favour.