Reaping Day: Cameron, District 2

Name: Cameron (Camie)

Age: 17

Appearance: long blonde hair, blue eyes, medium height.

Personality: doesn't seem scared of much, ready to win,doesn't fall in love easy because of the death of her boyfriend. Pretends like she's okay with where she is but, secretly hates the games.

Played by: Loved_and_Forgotten4

__________________________

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Yelled my sister Kate, who decided it would be fun to smash a pillow in my face.

"Kaaatte" I whined and threw another pillow over my face shielding my eyes from light coming through the window she just opened.

"But it's reaping day." She said slowly with all the hand motions to make it seem like she was trying to explain why ice cream should be an important part of every meal. I resisted the urge laugh and sat up, assuring her I was up for good. Seemingly satisfied she left the room and I was by myself to pick the outfit I was going to wear on stage. I was volunteering, finally, after years of training. I missed school, friends and events for this moment, and now it was here.

I'm not like most of the people who volunteer, I'm don't like the games. The ideas of death and dying frightens me beyond belief. But I still have to go so I can....

"Let's goooo." Kate says and knocks on the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!dont get your panties in an uproar!"

"Heyyyy" she says and I laugh, that's something our mom always said when we were kids.

My sister and I grew up with my mother only since our dad died right before my sister was born. It was an accident.. or do they say.

I walk out to meet my mother who stands when I enter the room.

"There's my beautiful daughter. Are you sure you're ready for this? Are you sure you have to go? She had concern in her eyes, but I had to go through with this for.. Him.

The rest of the morning was a blur, filled with speeches and name calling and saying goodbyes. My sister cried, we had always been close.mother, just looked, shocked. Like she wasn't quite there, but still functioning. I got on the train with a small smile on my face, but on the inside I was crying. Crying for home. Crying for Kate. Crying for safety. Crying for him.

-Cameron(Loved_and_Forgotten4)