Reaping Day: Clover, District 5

Name: Clover Wiren

Age: 15

Appearance: dirty blonde hair, electric blue eyes, 5'6

Personality: sneaky, bad temper, rebel, strong, clever, shy.

Played by: @potter0631

____________

'Today is the reaping. The day that twenty three more kids from Panem will die gruesome and painful deaths. It is also the year I am going to volunteer for this. I know I mostly likely won't make it, but I think I have the skill to stay alive for a while at least. I promised myself that I wouldn't kill anyone except for self defence. I doubt it would hold though. When the time comes it's all or nothing.

People in the capital will cheer for me as I volunteer, but everyone in my district will shed tears for me. I Am well known in my district. Because my dad is the mayor of district 5 where I live. No one expects me to get chosen because I don't have to buy the tesserae because I have plenty of money to spare. What they don't know is that I do it anyway. Buying it for myself and giving away the better, more filling food to the poor in return so that their kids might be spared.

This is the year that I sacrifice my life for another terrified girl. Another gory death faulted by the capital not the child that was forced to kill.

So today as I stood with the rest of the girls my age, I watched Lainy Miggin walk slowly up the steps of the stage to her doom. She is a 13 year old girl that couldn't slice and onion in half if you told her to. Not because she was physically unable, but because it was once a living thing and she just can't bring herself to do it.

I sucked in my breath and walked up to the front of the stage. I climbed the steps much more confidently then I felt. I push the poor girl behind me.

"For you. so that you might live to an old age with your family." I whispered in her ear so quietly that even the capital cameras wouldn't pick it up. Then louder I said.

"I volunteer," the people from the capital clapped. Everyone else was silent. My dad have me a start in his seat and stated at me disbelieving. I gave him a smile, sending him the reassurance I didn't have.

I stood beside Brenly, the man who calls out the names every reaping.

"Was that your sister?" He asked knowingly.

"No," I answered robotically.

"Family Friend?" I shook my head.

"Oh I see! You just want the glory," another head shake. He frowned.

Was it so hard to believe that I would give up my life to save another one, even if I didn't know them. I guess it is. Someone from the capital wouldn't understand that concept. No one in Panem would.

The world is falling apart I thought.'

- Clover(potter0631)