Chapter 30 "Flight 118 to New York"

“Flight 118, Direct to New York is now boarding”

The intercom announced for the second time.

“I guess not” Mari said standing up from her seat as she took a look around one last time before picking up her carryon bag and walking towards the terminal.

“Ticket please” The lady by the terminal asked Mari as she showed her the ticket.

“Thanks, have a nice flight dear” she told mari..

Mari found her seat after walking through the terminal and since no one was going to be sitting next to her she put her purse down on the seat next to her. The plane was filling up fast, and now the flight attendants were telling the passengers to buckle their seatbelts that the plane would be leaving in just a couple minutes. Mari clicked her seatbelt on and turned to look out the window, getting herself ready for the 7 hour flight.

“Um, excuse me can you please remove your purse, it’s in my seat.” Someone said, with a weird voice.

“That can’t be..” Mari started to say as she turned from the window.

“OMG! You made it” Mari said.

Jade smiled down at her friend.

“Yes, now seriously your purse is on my seat.” Jade said.

Mari took the purse and hugged Jade as she sat down.

“You need to work on your fake voices, that one was horrible” Mari said.

“Oh come on! You didn’t even know it was me.” Jade said giggling.

Making Mari laugh.

The airplane takes off a couple minutes later, and after there in the air Jade starts telling Mari how she made the decision to come.

“A note fell out of the box?” Mari said

“Yeah, I was taking out the necklace and it fell out.” Jade said.

“What did it say?” Mari asked

“Read for yourself” Jade said taking out the note from her purse and handing it to Mari.

“I love you Jade, never forget that.-Niall” Mari read out loud. “Wow! This was in the box?””

“Yea, after I read that, I knew I had to come. He loves me Mari, and I love him” Jade said.

“Finally!” Mari said putting her hands in the air. “Are you wearing the necklace?” Mari added

“Yea” Jade said smiling and pulling out the neck from under her shirt.

“It’s beautiful right?” Mari said looking at it.

“Very” Jade said looking down at the necklace.

About six hours had passed since the plane had taken off towards New York. The girls had talked for a while longer until they fell asleep. Jade yawned waking up from her nap, just as a flight attendant was passing by.

“Excuse me miss, how much longer till we arrive at New York?” Jade said.

“A little less than an hour left. Almost there.” The flight attendant answered.

“Thank You.” Jade said, the flight attendant smiled before walking away.

Jade took her phone and it lit up showing a picture of her and Niall as her back ground.

It was 7:08pm in Ireland at the moment, which meant around 8pm, Ireland time, the girls would be arriving in New York. Which would be around 3pm there in New York time.

Mari streched beside Jade and started opening her eyes one at a time.

“Jade?” Mari said.

“Right here, Bestie” Jade said.

“Good. I just dreamed the plane set off and you never got on.” Mari said.

“Really?” Jade asked.

“Yes. It was not fun.” Mari said.

Jade giggled lightly. Then said “ I almost missed the plane, if you hadn’t packed most of my stuff I would have missed it. Thanks by the way.”

“You’re so welcome. I bet you didn’t get to pack all the other stuff you needed right?” Mari said.

“No, how do you know me so well?” Jade said.

“I just do. We can go to the store when we land, I need some things myself.” Mari said.

“Are we just going to meet, umm Harry at the hotel?” Jade asked.

“Well I told Harry not to worry that we would get a taxi to take us to the hotel but he wasn’t having it, he said he would be there when I got off the plane.” Mari said.

“Oh no, hes probably planed something’s to do with you after you get there since I wasn’t going to come along, I don’t want to be a party pooper.” Jade answered.

“No, no don’t worry I sent him a message already.” Mari said.

“ He said if any of the boys don’t have anything to do he would bring them along and we can go get some lunch.” Mari said.

“The boys?” Jade said thinking about Niall.

“Niall’s busy, don't worry. Harry told me.” Mari said reading Jade’s mind

“So Lunch? Don’t you mean Dinner. Oh wait yeah, it’s like 2 over there right now right?” Jade said.

“Yea. We can have them take us to the store so we can get the stuff we need if you want?” Mari said.

“Or we can go after by ourselves, I don’t want to be a bother.” Jade said.

“Okay, yeah. Good. Just us two, I don’t want the boys to be there when we are picking out girl personals.” Mari said laughing.

“Oh dear, me either” Jade said giggling.

They continued talking as the time passed until they were interupted by a flight attendants voice coming through the intercom.

“ We will be landing in New York within the next 15 minutes, please fasten your seatbelts. Thank You.”

Jade and Mari turned to look at one another, as they put their seat belts back on.

“Almost there” Mari said

“Yea, almost there” Jade said as she breathe out loudly.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine” Mari said taking her best friends hand and squeezing it.