Chapter 17 "Tear filled eyes"

After a couple minutes of running, Niall finally reached her, and put a hand on her shoulder. He turned her around, but she wouldn’t look him in the eyes.

“Jade, I..I don’t understand” He said shakily. “Are you just stressed about all this studying? I just don’t know what to think.” he added

“No, there has been no studying going on. That was all a lie. A stupid lie, I’m sorry I made Mari cover for me! I just….” She said as the tears continued to stream down her face. “I just don’t….. I …” She huffed out. As Niall wiped away some of her tears, and she moved her face away from his gently touch.

“Jade?...I don’t know what you’re trying to tell me” Niall said, lifting her head up to face him for the first time since she had run away. They locked eyes and Jades stomach started to twist in an uncomfortable feeling.

She wanted to tell him yes I want to be with you too, but every time she thought it, the memories of all the bad things that had been said to her and about her, the threats the hurtful names, the rumors, rushed back in. When she pushed those away, the thoughts about ruining Niall’s career came. “What do I do!” Jade screamed in her mind.

“I don’t want to be with you. I just don’t feel the same.” She rushed out.

Niall’s smile faded. “You… you… don’t feel the same?” He said as those horrible tears filled his beautiful blue eyes, once more.

“No. I don’t. Look I’m sorry. I like you as a friend? Maybe we can stay being that?” Jade said to him. Trying hard not to cry.

Seeing those gorgeous eyes fill with tears, her heart started to break right there and then.

“I’m sorry” she croaked out, wiping away her tears.

“You lie.” He said as a tear escaped his left eye. “You’re lying” He said again. As another tear escaped.

Jade looked into his eyes, and just wanted to hold him and tell him this was all a lie, that she wanted to be with him forever, and ever. But she couldn’t.

“Why are you lying Jade, I know how you feel. This isn’t funny.” He said wiping the tears away.

“I’m not” Jade said looking down “I..just don’t..feel the same” she finished.

“What about the other day we spend together? I know you felt something too” He said reaching out to lift her head again.

“Friends?” Jade said, now having her emotions controlled.

“What?” Niall said.

“Let’s be friends?” Jade said, with no expression on her face.

“But, I think I’m falling in Lov..”he started to say before Jade put her hand on his mouth.

“No, please don’t. You can’t.” Jade said, starting to lose her emotions again. “Stop.”

“It’s not that easy, to stop Jade! What did you think!? This was all a game or something!?” Niall started to say raising his voice a little, then bringing it back down.

“Of course not, I just didn’t think you would ever like me that way.” She said.

“Like you what way? Love you!?” He said with hurt in his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I just... I gotta go. I wish you a safe trip and hope you have the best time in the states. And if we never talk again, I understand. I’m really sorry. I wish you the best in your life Niall. I’m glad I got to meet you. Goodbye” Jade said now the tears escaping her eyes slowly.

“Don’t leave.” Niall said. “ I need you” he added.

“I need you too” Jade said in her head as she wiped away his tears, leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and hurried off into the crowd leaving Niall on the pathway with the silver box in his left hand, tear filled eyes, and a broken heart, staring as the girl he loved walked out of his life.