Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two

Luke

THREE MONTHS LATER

For the first time in what felt like forever, Luke was able to pick up a pen and put it to paper. He began writing again, song after song, enough for a potential EP that he had written all on his own. The band was no longer on a break, considering the fact that Luke no longer had to worry about.. her. Now that she was out of the picture and as much as it still pained him, he knew that he no longer had to worry about her, therefore he could put all of his energy into writing.

Luke wrote a song with Calum, titled The Girl Who Cried Wolf. Though it was not about Lillian specifically, Luke could not help but think of her while he was writing it. There have been many songs like that, ones he would write while thinking of Lillian and nothing else. His band mates claimed that although the songs were incredible, it was unhealthy for Luke. He did feel okay while writing the pieces of music, though his friends thought otherwise.

"Luke," Calum spoke, snapping his fingers in Luke's face. He came back to reality, after being stuck in his thoughts for a few minutes.

Luke looked down at his piece of paper, which happened to be blank. Months prior, the boys announced that they were going to be releasing an album, yet it was put on a pause as Luke was dealing with other life issues. However now that things were somewhat normal, Five Seconds Of Summer planned on releasing the promised album within the next few months. It helped that Luke, Calum, and Michael were almost finished with the school year, because that way all four members would have more time to work.

"Yeah?"

"Ashton thinks we should write at least one more song. You haven't gotten anywhere, and we've been going at it for an hour now,"

"Sorry," Luke sighed. "Just distracted, and having writers block."

"I can see that." Calum huffed.

"I don't want to write anything else. I need a break, we all do. Why don't we just include Don't Stop on the album?"

"Because," Calum groaned. "Ashton hates that song."

"Oh fucking well," Luke laughed. "We'll include it without telling him."

"Fine. I'm a little wiped out too. This album just needs to be out already,"

"Agreed."

-

Later that night, Luke and his friends met up at a new restaurant in town. It was a sports grill, serving nothing but greasy yet delicious food. Michael recommended going, since all the boys had been doing lately was working when they would hangout. They all agreed that a small break was much needed, since mostly all of their energy was going towards songwriting. Luke loved it nonetheless, yet writing as much as he did was starting to cause his brain to hurt.

"So," Ashton spoke up once all four boys were seated at a small booth in the corner of the restaurant. "What are the last few songs that we're adding?"

Luke internally groaned. He did not want to talk about the album, yet Ashton was dying to finish it. He understood, considering how exciting it was for them as a band. But with the amount of work everyone had been putting in the past few months, Luke wanted nothing more than a break. Not just a break from writing, but a break from even talking about it.

Calum seemed to have sensed Luke's annoyance, because he gave his friend a knowing look.

"Well," Calum spoke, knowing that Luke did not want to. "The last two that Luke and I think should - "