Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Luke

Sweat dripped from his forehead as 5 Seconds Of Summer finished their first set. His eyes scanned the room, looking for a certain blonde girl. There were lots of blonde girls in the room, but she stood out. All he had to do was lock eyes with her; he had memorized every detail of her beautiful hazel eyes.

But to his disappointment, he didn't see her. Lillian was no where to be seen in the crowd of people.

Luke walked behind his band mates, following them backstage. He needed a break, that first set was rough. His fingers felt as if they were going to fall off, from the amount of transitioning he had to do when playing guitar. It was worth it though, Luke loved putting a smile on people's faces.

"That was insane. I think that's been our biggest crowd yet." Ashton grinned.

"Those girls out there were hot. Damn, we should come to Melbourne more often," Michael joked.

"Luke, wasn't Lillian supposed to come? I haven't seen her," Calum asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah.. She might've had some trouble finding a ride. This was a pretty long drive."

"Yeah, eight fucking hours. Almost nine." Michael groaned.

"Did you actually expect her parents to drive her this far? And for that long of a car ride?" Ashton asked.

Slapping himself mentally, Luke knew that he clearly didn't think this through. Lillian said that she would figure it out, and he hoped that she would. But knowing Mrs. Conley - Nadine, Luke knew that there was absolutely no way Lillian would be able to make it.

"Ten more minutes until your next set, lads." A familiar voice spoke.

Everyone but Luke turned around, to see where the familiar voice was coming from.

"No fucking way." Michael said.

Turning around, Luke wanted nothing but to scream. His eyes widened, jaw dropped. A smile started to form across his mouth.

"Lillian!" He yelled, running over to her and crushing her in a hug. She hugged back, regardless of how sweaty he was.

"I'm sorry I missed the first set," she sighed, breaking apart from the hug.

"That's okay, all I care about is that you're here. How did you even get here?!"

"My dad uh - he had to travel out here for an art convention. His paintings were featured and the people running it wanted him to show, so I asked if I could come too," she explained.

Grabbing her face in his sweaty hands, Luke planted a sweet kiss on Lillian's lips. He pulled away with the smile never fading from his face.

"I'm so happy you're here."

"Me too," she smiled and kissed him again.

Before they could start making out, which Luke really had wanted to do, Ashton spoke up.

"Next set starts now! Let's go rock this shit!"

-

"Why do you hate Bring Me The Horizon so much? They may be insane screamo music, but I think they're pretty cool," Luke spoke in defense.

Lillian laughed. "They scare me,"

The two adorable teens walked along the beach by the country club, talking aimlessly for what felt like hours. Hand in hand, they both never wanted this night to end.