Chapter Twenty Seven

Lillian

After a week of packing and saying goodbye to her father, Lillian was ready to go back home. She would miss her father incredibly, but in all honestly she missed Luke more. It sounded horrible, she knew that, but he knew her better than anybody. She longed to be in his arms again.

Lillian sat there in the airport, waiting for Nadine to come back with food. Her stomach was rumbling, it was hard to eat when she was so excited. She needed to eat before the flight though, if not then she may be sick from the nerves.

She was excited to go home again, but she couldn't help but feel nervous as well. Lillian hadn't talked to Luke for six months, so she had no idea how he was going to react once he saw her again. Part of her was scared he would never wanna talk to her again. But the other part hoped that she would find him with open arms.

"Lillian?" Nadine spoke, breaking Lillian from her thoughts.

Looking up at her stepmother, Lillian thanked her quietly when she was handed the strawberry smoothie that she asked for.  

The two sat in silence, for once a peaceful one. It wasn't awkward like the ones that they had before. Over the time that the Collier family was living in Italy, Lillian and Nadine had grown to tolerate each other. Hatred was no longer a feeling that roamed around when they were together. The two of them both weren't very fond of living in Italy, it just wasn't their home. Although the house was beautiful, they both felt as if something was missing. Phil was the only person who actually enjoyed it, mostly because his job was there - and he had always wanted to live in the beautiful country of Italy anyway. 

"Are you excited to see Luke?" Nadine asked, breaking Lillian from her thoughts once again.

Shocked by her question, Lillian looked at her stepmom with wide eyes. 

"Uh, yeah," she said. "I haven't talked to him in six months, though."

"Really? Why?"

"I wasn't comfortable with long distance." Lillian shrugged, even though she knew that wasn't exactly the case. She would never admit that out loud, though.

Nadine didn't really have anything to say to that. She just smiled sadly and nodded in response. After a few more minutes of waiting, their flight was finally called. 

"Ready?"

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Lillian nodded. 

"Ready as I'll ever be."

-

Luke

"CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!" a group of fans screamed as the boys of Five Seconds Of Summer took on a devilish dare.

Michael was in the lead, followed by Calum, Luke, then Ashton in last. The boys were playing a disturbing game of truth or dare, which wasn't going well at all. They all were dared to drink pickle juice, which all four of them were extremely grossed out by. 

That's what happened at frat parties, though.

Gig after gig, the band was becoming a lot more popular. They were getting recognition from various high schools in Australia, as well as colleges. The boys were asked to perform at parties, sports events, pep rally's, and so much more. It was a dream come true for Luke, as well as his band mates. Everything he had ever wanted was finally happening. 

Because they were the talk of a few colleges, Luke and his friends were always invited to frat parties. Their own little fandom was coming to be, and the boys couldn't have been happier. Their social medias were growing each time they had a gig, and it felt like everything was finally starting to set in place.