Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

Lillian

"Where have you been?" was the first thing she heard when walking into her home. Turning on the light that was attached to the wall, Lillian attempted to smile as she saw her father laying on the living room couch, half awake.

"Just uh, out." she mumbled, feeling as if she was lying, though she knew that she was not.

"Where?" Phil spoke in a hushed tone; it was apparent that he had just woken up.

"With Luke," Lillian said, wanting to avoid conversation about Luke as much as possible. She had just cried her eyes out over the situation with him, yet she felt as if there were some tears left in her. Lillian did not feel like discussing Luke with her father, therefore she wanted to leave the room as soon as she could in order to avoid that awkward conversation.

"Oh, how is - "

"I'm sorry," she yawned. "I'm really tired, I just wanna go to bed."

Phil sat up, rubbing his eyes as he did so. He smiled at his daughter, appearing to not see through the sadness that Lillian was feeling.

"Go to sleep, you deserve it after the crazy few weeks you've had. Oh and by the way, we need to talk about how you are going to continue schooling. I wanted to wait a few weeks to mention it so you could adjust, but now I think it's time to start thinking about it."

Lillian hadn't even thought about school. She knew for a fact that she had fallen severely behind, and that she would most likely have to repeat grade eleven. That did not bother her though, she had already forgotten so much about her life that it made sense as to why she would repeat.

"Okay," she smiled at her tired father. "Well, goodnight." Lillian mumbled, hurrying off to her room as she heard her father repeat her words.

Once she made it to her room, she collapsed as soon as her body hit the mattress. Although she was tired, Lillian could not bring herself to sleep. She stared at the ceiling for awhile, not realizing how much time was passing. Her thoughts ran through her mind at what felt like a thousand miles per second; she did not know how to stop it. Luke was tearing through her thoughts. She did not want to think about him, but she still felt guilty for hurting him, and for how things ended.

She sighed loudly, feeling tears fill her eyes once more. She thought that all of her tears were gone, given the amount of crying that had been done within the past few hours.

"I'm so sorry," Lillian whispered into the darkness. "I'm sorry I couldn't love you."

She grabbed her phone, checking the time. It was past midnight; she had to have been staring at the ceiling for at least an hour.

Out of curiosity, Lillian unlocked her phone, tapping on the photos option. She scrolled all the way to the top, surprised to see many pictures and videos of herself and Luke. Though her vision was blurry with tears, she ignored it and tapped on the first video; it was ten seconds long.

"Lukey," she giggled, poking Luke's face. His head was laid on her chest; he had been exhausted from playing a gig that day.

"Hmmm," he mumbled sleepily.

"You're cute when you sleep," Lillian spoke, love clear in her voice.

"And you're cute when you are trying to hide the fact that you're recording me,"

"I am not!" Lillian gushed.

Luke looked up, a smile portrayed on his face. He grabbed her phone. Lillian squealed.