Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Lillian

"But Lillian, I love you."

His words repeated throughout her mind. Love? She hadn't even thought about that. There was no way he actually loved her, they barely knew each other.

She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Her eyes locked with Luke's; a sad smile covered his features. Tears continued to fall from her eyes, as well as his. She didn't know what to say.

"Luke.." Lillian began. "We don't know each other that well.. You don't love me,"

His mouth opened slightly, as if looking for something to say. Luke shut his mouth and shook his head.

"We know each other enough," he whispered. "I haven't felt this way with anyone in a long time. You can't say this isn't love."

"Luke, I've been in love before. This isn't it. I'm too broken, there's no way in hell you could love someone like me."

"You don't understand Lillian.. I don't see you as this broken, depressed girl, I see you as a regular human being. Just like anyone else. I see you for you. And you are the person I want, the person I love.."

She knew she had feelings for him, there was no doubt about that. But she'd been in love before. And it was nothing but shattered glass and constant tears. What she and Luke had wasn't love. It couldn't be.

"I think I'm gonna go," she mumbled. "My dad wants me home."

"Will you be at school tomorrow?" Luke asked.

Lillian nodded. Before leaving, she got up from the couch across from the one Luke was sitting on, to walk over and give him a kiss goodbye. The second her lips touched his cheek, Luke grabbed her face and crahsed his lips onto hers. The gesture took Lillian by surprise, but only made her cry more.

She collapsed onto his lap, wrapping her arms tightly around his torso and cried onto his shoulder. Luke hugged her back just as tight, watching the tears fall and hit her arm.

"I don't wanna leave you," she sobbed.

"When are you leaving?"

"Next month," she sighed, wishing things didn't have to be this way. The last thing she wanted to do was leave Luke. Especially with the way things were going between them, she didn't just want to leave him like this.

Luke didn't say anything else. He pressed his forehead against Lillian's chest, crying softly. He held her tightly on his lap, hugging her tightly.

Lillian pressed her palms to Luke's face, making him look up at her. Tears fell from both their eyes, but no words were said. They both were comfortable with the silence.

Lillian leaned in closer to Luke, smiling as his breath started to get heavier. She kissed his lips softly, slowly gliding her thumbs across his cheeks.

Smiling against her lips, Luke leaned back so he was laying on the couch. Lillian straddled his waist, leaning towards him so her lips never lost his.

Their mouths collided together perfectly, as if they were meant for each other. Lillian cupped Luke's face as his tongue played with hers, followed by a soft moan escaping her lips.

"Luke? Oh shit," a voice said.

Lillian immediately threw herself off of Luke, looking over at the person who was standing in the entrance of the living room. One of Luke's friends, Michael she thought his name was, was standing there.