Part 19

****

We were at the airport, and no one recognized Niall. Not yet anyway, we were waiting in line, for who knows what. I know there’s going to be a point where I have to separate from Niall. Luckily we haven’t reached that point yet. We haven’t spoken at all since we got to the airport. I would just hold his hand and follow him to the stations. I didn’t know what to say to him, I know we were always walking in silence, but I didn’t know anything else to do. I didn’t really find the point in talking. He was leaving for two weeks… after the tours over, I’ll have to wait another couple of days to see him again. For now I’ll see him through a computer screen, and GIF sets on Tumblr... that’s right I made a new one; I’m not spending summer without it.

We hit that point. That point where I’d have to say goodbye. I don’t want to say goodbye.

“I have to go now,” whispered Niall.

“Just shut up and hug me,” I said while hugging him. I’m going to miss his Armani scent, how tall he was, and how he had to pick me up to hug me. I was going to miss having to go to the basement to say good morning to him, because it was only one light of stairs down. I was going to miss him. Why did I have to get so easily attached to this stupid motherfucker!?

“Flight 416 for Mullingar, Ireland now boarding,” the nice lady announced.

“I have to go…” He said again.

“Don’t. Stay…” I knew he should be with his family, they love and miss him. I would do anything for a family that waits for you at the airport, just to pick you up, and ask how your trip was, even though they don’t care, but they ask you just because they miss hearing your voice. I would kill to have that. Niall needs that, it’s what makes him Niall, being grounded. He needs his family. I need to let him go.

“Last call for flight 416 to Mullingar, Ireland, Last call” she reminded.

“Okay I’ll stay.” He said.

“No don’t.” I said quickly, I can’t be selfish about this. I wasn’t going to cry.

“But you just said that I should stay and-”

“And now I’m saying you shouldn’t. Go be with your family, I’ll see you in two weeks. I promise,” he gave me a wary smile, and I kept on rambling, “Niall, if I can’t handle two weeks being away from you, how am I going to handle world tours?”

“You can tour with us!” He said jokingly.

“I don’t like planes,” I reminded, “Go, they’re going to close the gates.”

“Bye,” he said and he kissed me, one last time.

“Bye,” He walked through all that airport shit and I called after him, “I’ll see you in two weeks.” I bit my thumb, and turned around. I walked back to the exit, but not before going to the gift shop.

There I found a couple of books, and that sad excuse for literature ’50 Shades of Grey’ pathetic. I walked to the exit, and found myself in a mesh of cars.

Now to remember where the fuck I parked…

                                        ****

        I was sitting on Gabriella’s couch. I’ve been over at her house all week. I’ve only gotten to video chat with Niall twice since he left two weeks ago. The tour ends in three days, and I leave for London next weeks, which is really just two days away… I’ve been over at Gabriella’s ever since Niall went back to touring. I can’t stand being at my house alone anymore, I got so used to having Niall keeping me company, and I didn’t realize how lonely I was before. Now I can’t stand isolation.