Part 4

**** -Ava's POV-

Detention wasn't that bad. I just read. Well not really I couldn't stop thinking about Niall. There were some Directionators here with me, gawking about how hot Zayn was, or saying how cute harry is. But nothing about the other three. They kept singing the wrong verses for 'What Makes You Beautiful', and I asked then if they knew who Niall Horan was. They stood quite until a couple minutes later a red head said that he was the awkward tiny blond one. I felt like killing her. After detention though I went home. Of course as usual my house was alone. My parents aren't usually home until at night. I rarely see them. I've never had that connection with them, where you love your parents 'oh so dearly.' I don't see them, I don't have any brothers or sisters, the lady that lives upstairs in her apartment usually comes once or twice a day to check up on me but thats it.  I  have no parental figure in my life. I practically live alone. My parents are just a shadow in my life that I don't need. I'm pretty self-sufficient.  I'm the one that goes out for groceries, I take care of keeping everything clean -I'm pretty good at that if I do say so myself-, I keep necessities in stock. I'm usually late on bills. My parents either come at the end or at the beginning of the month to pay the bills, and give me money to buy everything. They don't know much about me. I was the mistake that you get when you finally have the perfect career with the perfect paycheck, where you can buy all the brand names and just worry about yourself and your partner. Then they had my older sister.  They could put up with her. She was fine they could scarifies a little love. Then ten year later, when my sister went off to a boarding school in london,they had me. Raised by nannies while they went out of town to do whatever they work for. I swear I think they just like leaving town and pretend they have a job. It makes sense my grandparents left like a shit load of trust fund money for them! But i doubt it. I just leave here alone. You know they don't even have clothing in there room? There room is literally untouched, when they do come home late at night and I'm still wake, I pretend I'm not. They leave notes but I just rip them up. I don't resent them for not loving me, because i don't love them either. I just wish they would have at least tried a little. Maybe if I had spent at least a week with them. Just once I wouldn't hate them.  But i know  I would have hated them more. For trying and still not wanting me. Until I'm 18, I'm stuck living here. I want to move to New York and do something of myself. My sister came back on her nineteenth birthday once she was done with High School. She's attending college here in Chicago at UIC but we don't have such a great connection. Sure we talk and she gives me rides, and such like any other sister but she has a little apartment by her school, and rarely comes to visit. i don't think she see's mom or dad either.

I set my keys on the counter, when I started thinking  about Niall. We met once. No proof of it though. I didn't even know we met until five minutes later! What are we anyway? I don't even want to think about it. I go straight to my laptop. I right away went to check my Facebook. I don't know why I lied to Niall about meeting him in Ohio.

 Instinct I guess. No notifications. Usual, I guess. No one really wants to talks the girl who sits at the corner of the room, reading while everyone else is talking. Sure i have friends. But they're a bit busy with there lives. So I read. I'm just the girl who reads way too much, gets perfectly fine grades -once in a while a 'C' in algebra - , and everyone is shocked to see her in the plays. The usual. I'm fresh out of books to read, so I go to my closet to get something to page through. I open my box of books and find all of my beloved friends. I take out my Harry Potter set, grab my Mortal Instruments set also, followed by City of Fallen Angels, I take out the Hunger games, -I sadly don't have a set for that- I grab Percy jackson -Or for Percy-, I really do need more sets , I look at Twilight at the bottom and just shrug. I pick The mortal Instruments. I put everything back when I hear a familiar car door slam shut. I look out the window to the front of my house. My mothers home. She wasn't suppose to be home today, it was suppose to be tomorrow! Tomorrow I was suppose to hid out in my attic with my laptop, books, and eventually sneak out and waste my time at Target until she left, while she thinks I'm sleeping over at my friends house. Tomorrow. not today, Tomorrow. I grab my books and try to make a run for it. I throw by box into the basement instead and go for my laptop and my charger. I se t that down on my coffee table. I relax on the couch as I see my mother coming up the stairs to unlock the door through the window. I don't have time to make a note saying I'm sleeping over at someones house, so I'll just leave a voicemail. I reach for my back pocket but find it vacant. 

"No,no no no no no…" I look all around the kitchen and find nothing. I think I left it upstairs. I go to the room  next to the bathroom. In there  I find the pull out couch I plan to sleep on, the closet with my clothing inside, some on it on the ground, but no phone in sight.

I then walk to the couch when I see my pearly white iPhone. Thank god!

I dial my house number and it rings ten times when my mom answered with a bored sigh

"Hello? Who is this?" She says. Typical she doesn't eve recognize my number!

"Hey, yeah its uhm Ava." I say

"Who?" She asks.

"Ava. Your daughter…" I waited and so did she.

"Oh right Ava, oh you know with that being such a common name now I never know."

"Uh yeah….. right." I had as much sarcasm in my voice as possible. Ava is not a very common name at all. I swear I was given birth from an idiot, "Anyway I'm sleeping over at my friend Sarah's house. Its her birthday and she's having a sleepover. Sorry I can't be there on your day off."

She then sighed of what I thought was relief. Relief from the both of us, "Oh no its fine! Really no problem some other time." Of course she was just giving me lip work.

"Yeah, well I gotta go." With that I hang up, and check the cabinets. All i had for the night, was a box of 'Coco Puffs', another of 'HoneyBunches of Oats', a box of Spaghetti, a couple cans of ravioli, and an entire box of Ramen noodles. I will eat like a queen tonight.

*** A/N I really like part because you see a little bit more into Ava's life style, and her family which she doesn't really have one. If you like this story Vote on it, comment and Well keep reading! Also check my others stories! :)