Chapter 25: Each With Their Own Problems

WITHOUT WARNING

CHAPTER 25

EACH WITH THEIR OWN PROBLEMS

The leader of the group eventually caved in and agreed to Kabuto's proposition. He was thoroughly pleased, both with himself and even Kabuto, upon finding that the other woman captured was a Hyuuga -- and a princess of the Main family at that. It seemed he did get a good deal from Kabuto, regardless of his previous connection with the infamous Orochimaru, the Snake Sannin. But in his head, the white snake still cannot be fully trusted.

"Keep up your end of the deal, snake." He warned, turning a sharp eye to Kabuto who stood calmly in his maroon robes. The latter simply kept his smile.

"As you wish. You might want to be careful with those two, tie them up well because they're quite the fighters. You'll have a lot on your hands if they escape."

"Tch, they're still just women." One bandit spat out, but Kabuto didn't even acknowledge him.

"I will be keeping my word, of course. I will stay on the premises of the hideout away from where you and your men are situated in. You don't need to worry, as I will also be keeping my distance from all of you, so long as you also stay away from my area."

"And you are not entitled to any money we'll be getting for ransoming these two. This is where we part ways." The leader reminded. His eyes never left those of Kabuto's.

"Of coursssse," A forked tongue flicked out from Kabuto's smile before he took his leave.

When he was out of earshot the youngest, the one who Kabuto assumed was the leader's son stepped forward and got the attention of the leader. "Are you sure this is a good idea? What if these two aren't travelling alone?"

"It will be all right, son. You know there are many more of us down here, and our location is an advantage. This hideout hides chakra so well even from those within that I doubt their companions will ever even think to check underground."

"But father, a Hyuuga princess, and a woman of the famed Uzumaki clan? It's too risky for them to travel alone. I'm certain they would've had high class ninja for bodyguards. Someone might be looking for them right at this moment!"

"If they had bodyguards, then they should have been rescued already." The lithe man from before spoke behind the young man, his tone sounded as if he was rolling his eyes.

"Still," the young man said. "I don't think this is a good idea at all." 

The leader sighed and placed a hand on the young man's shoulder. "Ren, I know you're a smart boy, but it'll be good for you to trust me with these decisions from time to time too."

The young man, Ren, shook off his father's hand and begrudgingly walked off into the area of their group's encampment. "For mother's sake father, I hope you're right."

* * *

Back in Konoha, Tsunade and Shizune were drowning in papers as they reviewed reports and documents from the time the Raikage had begun sending information on the cadavers from the war. It had been exactly three weeks since the time he announced he will be spearheading the autopsy mission, and Tsunade was expecting the scroll to come in anytime soon thus she wanted to review everything that came prior and make sure she had all the facts.

"Tsunade-sama," Shizune offered her another scroll and she accepted it without even looking up. Her eyes were far too busy roving through the already open scroll on her desk. As soon as that was over, she immediately laid out the scroll Shizune just handed her over the old one.