Chapter 3: His Mission and Farewells

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. ALL RIGHTS BELONG SOLELY TO KISHIMOTO <3 THIS MAN IS GOLDEN.

A/N: I apologize for being gone for... 7 months.. kidding I've been gone for more than a year. I'm pretty sure I've lost the readers who started out with me :( I'm so sorry and I hope you give me another chance. I'm trying to work my way around school work and theatre in order to bring this fanfic to life (I SWEAR YOU WILL LOVE THIS). So I hope everyone can bear with me too.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________

CHAPTER 3

Mission and Farewells

The Mizukage slammed her fist against her desk, startling the two men in her office.

"Mizukage-sama?" One of them said in hushed tones, fearful because the Mizukage's reputation for random bursts of anger is unparalleled. She was known for the silent and sudden blows of rage that freaked out even the people closest to her. She literally gave no warning before a freak accident occurs - usually by her own hand.

"I can't believe he still went ahead. I specifically said 'no' and he didn't follow that!"

"Mizukage-sama, what's wrong?"

"Kozuya," she replied, as if that one word answered everything. "He left with the team we sent to the Raikage for the autopsy mission. He wasn't supposed to go!" Slamming her fist once more on the beat-up table.

"Why? Is it that bad that your grandfather went in order to help?"

The Mizukage pursed her lips in irritation. She has no idea how to remedy the situation considering the team had already arrived a day or two ago. "He's trying to fulfill a debt he once owed to a Hyuuga for saving my grandmother's life."

"What debt? What's he supposed to do?" The second man asked.

"I don't know. He never told me. He said it could only be revealed when it was done, otherwise, people would keep it from happening."

____________________________________________

Sasuke walked around the outskirts of the village. The steady beat of his footsteps unwavering as he walked around with his eyes closed. His other senses were heightened enough that he could still perceive his surroundings clearly. He mainly walked on the outskirts to keep from the hustle and bustle of the villagers.

He knew Sakura would be looking for him in the Uchiha estate by now, and he had left exactly an hour earlier in order to evade her visit. There's no anger or repulsion in him toward Sakura but he just felt the need to be away from the girl who had always cared about him the most genuinely. Among the many things he would like to say to the pink-haired kunoichi, none were pleasant. The end of the war had been a huge weight lifted off the entire Land's shoulders, and even those outside the Land of Fire. But it didn't stop him from the cold, hard fact that he still had one ambition left to fulfill - the restoration of the Uchiha clan, and with it the renaissance of the Sharingan as a bloodline limit.

He opened his eyes to the sudden feeling of an unfamiliar chakra nearby. He stopped walking and turned his head slowly to the left, catching the unmistakably out-of-place body hiding behind the tall trees outside the village walls. It held no threatening pose to himself and he opted to ignore the man - or woman - who was pointedly following him.

Tch. I guess they still don't trust me.

His focus on the shinobi following him from a distance rendered him startled when a certain bug-user walked around the corner near him and halted his steps. Ten long seconds passed by and neither said a word. Onyx eyes stared into pitch black shades, waiting.