Chapter 1: The Task

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. THAT RIGHT BELONGS TO KISHIMOTO... <3

__________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 1

The Task

Raikage ordered an immediate autopsy of the bodies that had been peculiar. Some seemed to have died of cuts to internal organs but had lost a few parts that were odd. A body that obviously died of blood loss from a cut to an artery in the neck oddly had his eyes and hands taken, and there were some more morbid than others in appearance. Even for any bloodthirsty killing machine, killing someone is one thing but to rip their parts (and probably keep them) when they're already dead is somewhat... pointless, even bordering psychotic. So the Raikage summoned some of his best and requested to have Tsunade and Gaara send some of theirs. Among the Kages these two had been the easiest to call for when in need of assistance mostly because the Mizukage and the Tsuchikage needed to maintain order among their remaining shinobi. There were various political turmoil amidst the peace. Knowing that it would take more than his village's abilities in order to understand the purpose for such heinous acts, the Raikage knew he needed to acquire help.

War was bad, but mutilating the bodies of the fallen was worse.

At the moment, Raikage looked over his village, Kumogakure, through his glass window with a deep frown. He knows his worries are nothing short of factual, but he is hoping — for the sake of post-war rebuilding, and the deads' families — that his gut feeling was wrong.

_________________________________________

"Has there been any updates, Tsunade?"

Tsuande shook her head, sadly, and kept staring at the cold tiles of the Konohagakure Hospital. She hadn't bothered to notice that the honorific was dropped when the elders addressed her.

The peering eyes of the two council elders remained on the Fifth Hokage, calculating whether or not to push her for information or to cut her some slack after the Great War. The woman was the first to break, sighing, she touched the old man's arm and sent him a message with her eyes. Perhaps now is not the best time.

The old man nodded, knowing that their exchange wasn't noticed by the Fifth who was still deep in her own thoughts. He cleared his throat to get her attention again. The Legendary Sannin looked up with a sort of dazed and tired look in her eyes as though she hadn't been sleeping — and probably drowning herself in the sake stash in her desk at the Hokage's office.

"Tsunade," the old man started. "You should rest, the people of Konoha will not take well to seeing its leader fall apart because of post-war worries. You must remain strong, and hopeful for whatever news the Raikage will bring us."

Tsunade was surprised by the elders' kindness, and turned her eyes toward the old woman who nodded slightly as if to tell her that she agrees as well. For the first time since the troubling news from the Raikage, Tsuande found herself with a small smile. "Arigatou gozaimasu, I will heed your advice."

Seemingly satisfied with the outcome of their small talk, the two elders proceeded to leave the Konohagakure Hospital while Tsunade remained standing where she was until they were out of sight.

They finally begin to trust me since the Great War. I'm grateful for at least these few changes.

"Hokage-sama!" A nurse was running towards Tsunade, her face one of desperation.

Tsunade, without needing any information, ran to the room of the patient handled by the specific nurse.

"Get three more nurses up there with me, now!" Tsunade shouted as she passed the nurse, picking up speed. Her strength was indeed needed, not just by fighters, but also by healers.