Chapter 6: Homecoming

Thoughts

"Speech"

:)

Naruto ain't mine.

A/N: I posted this early because c'mon... who likes waiting for good things to come?

ENJOY my personal slice of heaven!

_____________________________________

CHAPTER 6

HOMECOMING

... Because, I love you.

With eyes closed, she raised her hands in a web-like pattern, her palms shining with unnaturally white chakra. She looked as if she was holding a star in each of her palms, and those very stars started leaving trails of white in their wake like an imprint on the back of one's eyes when they stare too long at a bright source of light.

Her body followed, moving in time to the rhythm her hands had begun. This was training to her though others would consider it dancing. The coordination of her entire body to the point that she could feel every single thing all throughout her body and around her, all her senses flaring and reaching out for the reality of her surroundings. The intermingling heat from her body with the cool breeze blowing through her midnight blue locks and caressing her face brought to mind the exhilaration she felt when she said those words...

... I love you.

"Hinata!"

She opened her eyes, lavender eyes meeting a pale, dusty blue. "Ino-chan?"

The girl in question stopped in front of Hinata, falling on her knees and breathing heavily. "It took me so long trying to look for you!" She panted between breaths and looked up at Hinata's confused and worried gaze.

"What's wrong Ino-chan?" Hinata asked, stooping down to touch her friend's shoulder.

"Tsunade-sama says it's urgent... You need to go see her..." Ino panted some more and took in a big gulp of air before letting it out in a huff. Hinata thought that was all Ino had to say and started to stand when Ino's hand caught her wrist, pulling her back down.

"A-ah! Ino-chan!!"

"Your father's there too. So is Hanabi." Ino's eyes finally revealed an emotion - fear. But what was there to fear? Hinata wondered. If it concerned her father, surely it had something to do with the Hyuuga clan, and she wasn't as afraid of her father as she used to be. And her father had always favored Hanabi so she didn't think there was a problem with her sister's presence there.

"Ino-chan, I'll take you somewhere to rest first. I'm sure Tsunade-sama can wait for me if it means I'll be taking care of a friend."

"No," Ino stopped the Hyuuga heiress. "I don't think you'd want to delay this meeting. It concerns your future."

Hinata stopped and unconsciously her byakugan activated on its own, veins making themselves known on the corners of her eyes and spreading to her temples. She gasped when she looked at Ino. "Hinata? What's wrong?" Ino asked, looking at her friend skeptically.

"Ino-chan, you're..." Hinata started, her eyes still wide, and her byakugan slowly fading.

"I'm what?" Ino snapped impatiently. "Stop delaying! Tsunade-sama is waiti-"

"You're pregnant," Hinata had said it so quietly that Ino wondered if she heard her friend right... or if she did it at all.

---------------------------