Chapter 2: Rebuilding and Reconnecting

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO, THAT RIGHT BELONGS ONLY TO KISHIMOTO! But I do own Kozuya (old man, grandpa of Mizukage haha)

A/N : I'm so excited to take you guys deeper into this story! I hope you're enjoying so far even though it's boring! This is the chapter where you finally get glipmses of some of your favorite Naruto characters!!! :D I hope y'all enjoy and please stay with the story! :)

________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 2

Rebuilding and Reconnecting

Metal hitting wood, wood being sawed and metal meeting metal were all the sounds that surrounded the Northern side (near the mountain with the Hokages faces) of Konoha. The rebuilding of the destroyed Leaf village would begin from the Northern area and make it's way into the central, Eastern and Western area after dividing the workers into three equal groups, before they finally reach the Southern part of the village where the gates will be rebuilt.

The plans were being made as they went — especially the specifics with Jounins such as Might Gai, Sarutobi Kurenai, Hatake Kakashi and Yamato collectively decide where to place certain parts of the village such as homes, the new Academy, the extension of the currently small (and perhaps temporary) hospital and even the training grounds. Everything had to be taken from scratch, which meant that the brains of the task had to work twice as fast as the hundreds of people working on constructing. No one should be allowed too much idle time.

 "Kakashi!"

At the call of his name, the gray-haired copy nin raised his eyes from studying the main blueprint of the entire Konaha rebuilding to meet his self-proclaimed rival's eyes.

"Yo, Gai. What is it?" He asked, not removing his hands from the edges of the blueprints where he held them.

"Kurenai and Yamato were wondering if it's really a good idea to put the Academy at the center of the village with the residences surrounding it. Some of the shop owners complained that putting their stores on the outskirts of the village will affect their businesses."

Kakashi thought about it for a moment. The original plan had in mind the safety of the children, and with the new Academy so close to the residences, it may be easier for kidnaps and other problems to be avoided. He forgot to consider the shop keepers. "Well, what do you think about it?"

Gai shrugged. "You know these things aren't really in my realm of... expertise."

Kakashi sighed and frowned a little. "Why are you so serious today, Gai? None of the youth and spring time fountain cheers?"

Gai smiled a little but regained his expressionless face as he looked Kakashi in the eyes. "There's been word that a new threat is brewing. The Kages have been conferring about it over the last few days and maybe even longer. Tsunade-sama has been unnerved since the news began turning up."

"What threat?"

"Nothing has been finalized yet, but it seems like the Raikage is at the heart of the investigation."

"Kakashi senpai! Gai-san! What's taking so long?" Yamato's voice broke through the heaviness that suddenly weighed upon the rival jounins.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right there!" Kakashi replied before making sure that Yamato's attention was away from them before turning to face Gai.

"Where did this information come from?"

"I went to speak with Tsunade-sama earlier today but instead I received a fumbling and rather jumpy Shizune trying to send different scrolls at a time and receiving others. She mentioned conferences being held one after another. Something is definitely wrong."