Chapter 13: The Vision

WITHOUT WARNING 

CHAPTER 13

THE VISION

There hadn't been much action or missions put out for the Konoha shinobi since most of the efforts had been focused on rebuilding the village. So it came as a surprise when Shikamaru knocked on the door to Ino's apartment to inform her that both she and Sai were needed for a mission.

Shikamaru had been insistent that Ino keep quiet about the mission. He had even entrusted Ino's carelessness with news (or gossip to her) to her flatmate and boyfriend, Sai.

They proceeded to the Hokage's office to find two people already deep in conversation with Tsunade. Hinata sat on one chair in front of Tsunade, but they could not recognize the older man who sat on the other side.

"Ah, finally. You two are needed here." Tsunade spoke, beckoning Sai and Ino to step forward. At the sight of her friend, Hinata smiled and glanced quickly at the intertwined hands of the two. She was glad it seemed their relationship had remained intact amidst the sudden pregnancy.

Tsunade proceeded to introduce Kozuya to the two newcomers. It was still early in the morning, and in the middle of explanations, Ino had to go twice to the restroom. Tsunade took note of this and made a mental note to speak to her pupil.

"Gomenasai, Tsunade-sama." Ino apologized again as she returned to the office. Tsunade waved off the apology.

"Ino-chan, just sit here for now." Hinata said as she vacated the chair she was sitting on. Ino sat gratefully, Sai standing behind her with his hands on her shoulders for support. It seemed Sai was already aware of the situation and is silently providing the protection and care a pregnant Ino needs.

Ino and Sai nodded to Tsunade, indicating they were ready to receive the mission.

"This is Kozuya-san, a relative of the Mizukage. He has visions of a Hyuuga who is either Hinata or Hanabi, who will bring destruction to the world if the one in the vision is to conceive a child before the blue moon. My people have researched all night up to this time regarding the blue moon but it seems there is no specific accounts that have been recorded of it from the files we have. We are still trying to research since a blue moon might not be the literal one but a metaphor perhaps. In any case, I need the two of you here because of Ino's clan ability and Sai's art jutsu." Tsunade explained briefly, then turned to Hinata signalling her to continue the rest.

All heads turned to Hinata who stood right across Tsunade's table.

"The visions are fading, since according to Kozuya-san, once he is able to deliver the message to the rightful receiver, it begins to fade from his grasp. We need to see this for ourselves. This is where we need you two. I can easily ask Ino-chan to simply transfer the visions she sees to us but since it involves my entire clan, it will put a strain on her." Hinata paused, giving a kind look to her pregnant friend and Ino smiled gratefully at her thoughtfulness of the situation.

"Which is why we wanted Sai to be the receiver of the visions, along with Tsunade-sama and I if Ino is able, so Sai can paint out the visions. I know you have been recently developing a new technique, Sai-san." Hinata added, turning her eyes to Sai.

Sai nodded. The technique was rather simple. Instead of his drawings coming to life and jumping out of paper, he began to draw various other things that he designed to stay on the paper but be able to move around as if the drawings were still alive, but constrained within the bounds of the paper. He had designed this specifically to provide a more unique way of sending messages, and also in light if their upcoming baby, to entertain the coming young one. He had actually already been suspecting a coming child considering Ino had not been visited in a month already. He had also thought the jutsu perfect for the child then.