Chapter 15: Rush of Emotions

WITHOUT WARNING 

CHAPTER 15

RUSH OF EMOTIONS

Hinata had walked with Ino and Sai to their apartment after completion of their meeting with Kozuya and the Hokage. Ino had seen Tsunade notice her predicament and expected that she would be having a long conversation about her carelessness in getting pregnant during these hectic times.

Instead, Shizune had attended to their exit, mentioning that the Hokage is very busy and would probably not be able to have time for scolding anyone. Shizune had looked pointedly at Ino's stomach that time causing her to be amazed at the ability of seasoned medic nin at pinpointing certain conditions of the body with just one look.

Ino sighed with relief as they exited the newly built Hokage tower.

Sai's waiting hand remained on the lower back of Ino as they went, no doubt supporting the kunoichi's weight as they walked. He had been such a steady presence for Ino ever since they began dating, and even more so since he found out that she was pregnant. No one would have expected him to be such a doting yet firm partner for the outgoing Yamanaka.

"Thank you so much for all your help, Ino, Sai," Hinata suddenly said, looking fondly at her best friend and at Ino's partner. In the moment, she did feel entirely grateful as she was not permitted to tell anyone about her predicament with the mission of reviving the Uchiha clan.

Ino stopped for a second to hug Hinata gently. She could not even begin to understand what her best friend was going through especially with problems coming one after another. It seemed as though life would not be kind to her amidst the recent conclusion of the Great War. After which she looked into Hinata's eyes and spoke in a serious tone. "I'm your friend, Hinata. Your best friend. I won't abandon you especially at such a difficult time."

She then gently touched her stomach, as if cradling the non-existent baby bump. "I'm only sad you won't be able to experience this until whatever blue moon it is passes. I don't even know if we should believe in this vision, honestly speaking. But I'd rather be cautious than end up carelessly putting your life in harm's way."

Beside Ino, Sai nodded in agreement. "The way that vision was formed was all too vivid for comfort. And even more so, it came from someone who risked his life to bring its message. It cannot be set aside. We also have to consider that it could be symbolic rather than literal." Sai spoke matter-of-factly, but a hint of concern traced his voice. In a short time, he had begun to feel a very familial affection for the Hyuuga with whom his Ino was fond of. Sai had seen how genuine the two's friendship was and he began to see Hinata as a sister so he likewise spared no effort when helping her.

Hinata could only smile kindly. In her mind, she had understood the logic of sacrifice for the greater good. No sane and proper kunoichi would give up the safety of an entire population for the sake of getting what she wanted. That was selfish and it went against what she believed in, and what Naruto showed her in giving himself for the sake of friends and comrades.

But in her heart, she was breaking for she had already lost her chance at being able to walk beside Naruto with the first life-altering mission they were given... And now, she will not be able to have her own family if the blue moon does not permit it.

She had personally never heard of a blue moon so it is even more confusing to her what would happen.

She nodded however and informed Ino and Sai in too high a pitch that she would go ahead of them. She waved them good bye and ran off in a hurry as if a child excited for a surprise waiting at home. But Ino knew too well the reason, so she did not attempt to stop her friend.