Chapter 12: Living Together

WITHOUT WARNING 

CHAPTER 12

LIVING TOGETHER

The room was filled with all the elders comprising the Council, at the head of the room on an elevated platform was Hyuuga Hiashi. He was sitting on his knees, his back arched straight. To his right was Hinata, and Hanabi on his other side. The two sisters looked ahead with curiosity and a certain level of authority. Over the years, the two had gained confidence in their capacity to be present in such meetings held with the Council.

There were an equal number of elders situated facing each other in a line from the platform leading towards the door, and at the end of the hall from the Main family, was Kozuya. He had not changed his attire and he had not even accepted the offer to have his rest for a while. For him time was of the essence, and he wanted to commit to finishing his task that he may return to his village soon.

The Hyuugas had allowed it, and now, only tension hung in the air as Kozuya finished explaining the situation. "I am afraid to say, Hyuuga-sama, but neither of your daughters should bear a child before the blue moon. I cannot say when the next blue moon will be, but it is said to only happen once in hundreds of years."

A hushed but very audible murmur rose among the elders and a few louder statements were raised.

"What of the descendants? This is the main family we are talking about!"

"Does this mean the main family line will end with this generation?"

"How do we know this man is speaking truth?"

"It is probably sabotage from those who fear the Hyuuga power."

"Silence," Hiashi's voice rang clear and silenced any further discussion. Kozuya knew the peril he had placed himself in. He was inside Hyuuga territory bearing the worst possible news for the family considered of royalty in the clan. His was truly not an easy task.

"Kozuya-san, how certain are you of the things you have said? How can we trust these words, and bend the Hyuuga clan's way to heed such a drastic prediction of my daughters' and the entire clan's future?"

"Hyuuga-sama, with all due respect, the Hokage herself, Tsunade-sama can vouch for my words for none of these things I bear witness to have been false in the past."

"How is it that you know of such a terrible fate for the world should my daughters conceive?" Hiashi voiced the concern of the Hyuuga as a whole and lines began forming on his forehead as his eyebrows creased together in concern.

"I have visions, Hyuuga-sama. These visions ring true, though they are often cryptic and symbolic. But I cannot be incorrect when I saw the signature pale eyes and Byakugan of the Hyuuga in this vision that has haunted me since the period of the recent Great War. I specifically saw a female who bore a child to the world and the most sinister of reds filled the world. I could hear wailing and crying in the background as the events unfolded from the day the child was born. The child will be a testament to the world's destruction if it is conceived."

Hiashi's forehead crinkled in deep thought and the Hyuuga elders all fell into a silent brooding. Kozuya's tale is much too dark, and crippling. Though doubt was the rational response, the group fell into a heaviness brought by dread of what might come.

Hinata's hands slowly gripped the cloth on her knees and her head hung lower and lower until her eyes were hidden by the shadow of her hair. How many times must our fate be twisted like this, Kami-sama?