It's Been a While🙂John

Prompt- You and John were lovers back in the day. He left you after Sherlock fell, and moved on. You, however, did not. You meet him again.

Warnings- awkwardness

A/N- this is set just after John and Mary's wedding, after their "honeymoon"

—————

You pulled your coat tighter around you, trying to get warm. The cool London air still seeped in, chilling you to the bone. You shivered, tucking your hands under your arms.

Recently, the weather had been horribly cool, leaving its victims freezing.

At first, you didn't see him. You were too busy committing futile attempts to warm yourself.

You passed by him, not even knowing that he had been near. Had your name remained on his tongue instead of out his lips, you would've kept going, unaware of his presence.

The sound of his voice, however, ceased all your movement. Slowly, you turned around, teeth chattering.

"It is you! I thought I recognised that coat," he said, smiling warmly. You gave him a forced smile, trying to keep your teeth from chattering. You noticed a blonde standing by his side, her hand connected with his.

"Yeah, it's me. Was on my way home, trying not to freeze," you said, not wanting to stick around any longer. Your hands were clutching the inside fabric of your pockets tightly, trying to get whatever warmth they could.

You felt something akin to heartache settle in the pit of your stomach. You still felt for John, but it was apparent that he had already moved on.

"Oh, well I won't keep you then. It was nice to see you again," he said. He seemed so happy. You shrugged.

"Yeah, you too," you said. And with that, you turned around.

This time, you didn't fight the onslaught of freeze.

A/N-
You didn't die, you just let the cold seep into your bones. Promise.