Songfiction- The Lonely- Sherlock X Reader

Two am, where do I begin?
Crying off my face again.
The silent sound of loneliness
Wants to follow me to bed

★He is gone.

Your knees give out.

Your phone tumbles to the ground. Tears flow like a waterfall down your face. Your body is shaking horribly, and you can't hold back the sobs and screams that you give off.

John is crying silently beside you.

Your eyes are getting red and puffy. Your mascara is running down your face. John manages to pull himself together and lifts you up.

Together, you run to Sherlock's lifeless body, only to be hit by a cyclist. You scream in pain and agony, and fall to the ground. John goes down with you. This time, you pull together and help John to his feet.

You get to the body and break through the crowd. You kneel beside Sherlock and sob over him. John does the same. Eventually, a pair of arms pry you off of him.★

"NO! OH GOD, NO! PLEASE! P- please. L- let go! I have to...." you awaken, the nightmare still fresh in your mind. You sit up and rock back and forth with your knees drawed up to your chest. The tears begin to silently fall. You glance over to the clock on the bedside table. 2 A.M.

The only sound in the flat is your silent cries, echoing throughout the room.

I'm a ghost of a girl
That I want to be most.
I'm the shell of a girl
That I used to know well.

Dancing slowly in an empty room.
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby,
Let you go, and let the lonely in,
To take my heart again.

You look at yourself in the mirror. Your skin is pale and your body is unhealthily thin. Your face is sunken in, and shadows encircle your under eyes.

You begin to cry, looking at what you've become. Sherlock wouldn't want to see you like this.

With what's left of you, you step into the room where Sherlock once took in clients and paced around, solving crimes. The room where you first met John, where you and Sherlock first met, where you and Sherlock danced.

A ghost of a smile graces your lips at the memories. It quickly fades. You imagine Sherlock's presence, him holding you as you dance. The smile he reserved for you, as you put your head on his chest.

Slowly, you circle the room in graceful steps, imagining Sherlock dancing with you. You circle around and around and around until you're dizzy.

You sink to your knees and begin to cry once more. Quietly, you begin to sing a lullaby and rock yourself to sleep. You're lonely.

Loneliness consumes your heart. It devours your very being.

Too afraid, to go inside
For the pain of one more loveless night,
For the loneliness will stay with me,
And hold me till I fall asleep.

You glance at the door of Sherlock's bedroom. The one that you shared with him.

You hate going in there, but you always do.

It reminds you of the nights when Sherlock held you in his arms, of the nights when you and he made love.

The bedroom was once your refuge from the Loneliness that resides within. Now, Loneliness is present everywhere you go. No matter if it's the bedroom or the store, Loneliness shows up.

I'm a ghost of a girl
That I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl
That I used to know well

Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again

You hear the sound of footsteps leading up to the door of the flat. In fact, it's two sets of footsteps. You don't care. You remain seated in His chair.

You refuse to say His name. His memory no longer makes you cry, but it has hardened you. Your eyes once held joy and life, but now, they are empty. The colour in your cheeks is completely gone.

You eat very little,  and drink only whiskey. As a matter of fact, one is in your hands now.

The door creaks open. Mrs. Hudson tears into the room, joyful, jovial, and jubilant. "Oh, (Y/N), you won't believe it! Sherlock is alive! He's here! Oh..." she stops talking, and takes in the sight. "(Y/N), oh, you poor thing. Look what you've become. Sherlock, you may want to come back another time." Mrs. Hudson goes out of the room.

You stare blankly at the floor. Sherlock takes a step in, and looks around. When his eyes land on you, tears form in his eyes.

He sees your vacant expression and the whiskey in your hand. "What have I done?" Sherlock asks, taking in your sight. He pulls you into his arms and holds you tight.

You begin to sober up, and feel warmth. You smell Him again. The smell is stronger than usual. You come to your senses, and feel tears roll down your face.

He wipes them away with his thumb. "I'll never leave you again. Loneliness will leave you now, because I'm right here and you're safe," Sherlock whispers.

Loneliness leaves, but Sherlock doesn't.

A/N

Guys, I know that it's long and sad. For that, I apologise.

Happier ones are coming in the future. Don't worry.

Anyways, I've always loved the song, "The Lonely" by Christina Perri, so I thought, Why not make an imagine with it?

Whatd'ya think? Should I do more? I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be with this song, but should I? I thought this wasn't too bad for a first.

Please lemme know real soon.

Love always,
Juju