Bar Meet- Greg X Reader

You are done with your job. Your boss has been acting like a shithead, claiming that you don't do enough for the company. Apparently, you are lazy, sloppy, and unorganised. Also, a rumour has spread that you pay people to do your work for you.

What a load of rubbish.

You down another shot, loving the burn in the back of your throat. If your boss wants to be that much of a dick, he can be. You've decided that you quit.

So, you're in a bar, drinking in celebration of no longer working for an assbutt (A/N- I love you if you get that reference).

As the bartender refills your drink, someone sits beside you and gets really close. Their hot, alcohol- reeking breath causes you to move away in disgust. You turn to look at the guy, who's most likely in their thirties, and he leans in like he's about to kiss you. You slap him one good time across the face.

"I'm not that easy," you say. He chuckles drunkenly. "Darling, let's take this to my place. Then you can go as rough as you want," he says. You scoff, disgusted with this man's vile breath and 'get- in- your- trousers' attitude. "I have a boyfriend, and he wouldn't like it if you tried to take me home," you lie.

"Girls always give that excuse. They're just playing hard to get. If you've really got a boyfriend, where is he?" The drunk asks. "I am. Keep your filthy hands away from her," a man says from behind you, putting his arm on your shoulder.

The drunk male gets up and makes a nose- dive into the floor. He rises, and walks away, trying to keep his balance.

The man who protected you sits next to you, setting his warm brown eyes on yours. "He didn't do anything, did he?" the man asks. "He tried to kiss me and take me home, but he didn't get to, thanks to you," you say, smiling softly.

"I'm Greg Lestrade; a D.I. at Scotland Yard. If you ever need anything, call me," he says, slipping a paper into your hand. "I'm (Y/N), and thanks. I will certainly call you sometime," you say.

Greg smiles warmly. "Great. Nice to meet you, (Y/N)," he says. You pay the bartender and stand up. "You too, Greg," you say.

When you get home, you are so telling your bestie about Greg. No doubt about it.