Gives You Hell💥Sherlock

A/N- This is a songfic based on the song "Gives You Hell" by The All-American Rejects. Just so you know.

________

I wake up every evening
With a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place
And you're still probably working
At a nine to five pace
I wonder how bad that tastes

You and Sherlock had just broken up about a month ago. Sure, he was great, but all his time was spent on cases, and you had other things to do.

You weren't sad about the break up— like normal people— but you were regretting that you didn't talk it out, like normal, working couples. But, that was just one fault of many in the relationship.

Now, you awaken in your bed, smiling as the bright afternoon sun filters through your window. It feels nice, you think, to wake up whenever you want, not when Sherlock wants.

Sherlock would wake you up at the most ungodly hours of the morning, all for some case that could wait for three bloody hours.

You frown at the thought of Sherlock. He's probably on some stupid case.

When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell

You leave your flat, and head to Speedy's, needing a nice cup of Earl Grey. Just as you open the door to the café, a head of dark, curly hair enters your peripheral. You roll your eyes and enter the café.

If he saw you, which he did, you just want your face to give him hell.

Now where's your picket fence love
And where's that shiny car
And did it ever get you far
You never seemed so tense love
I've never seen you fall so hard
Do you know where you are

Sherlock stepped out of 221B, on a fresh case, ready for action. Then, he saw those familiar h/c locks. He stood stock still, deducing you. He couldn't read you.

He groaned, running a hand through his hair. Why can't he deduce you? He then took a deep breath and looked around. You didn't have anyone with you. No car, and no cab in sight. You didn't drive.

That's all he could read. Nothing else.

And truth be told I miss you
And truth be told I'm lying

When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell

You see Sherlock still outside the café, with confusion written in his features. He sees you through the window. You smile deviously, and give him a wave. Sherlock's face scrunches up into complete confusion.

You laugh slightly. Yep. You're giving him hell.

If you find a man that's worth a damn and treats you well
Then he's a fool you're just as well
Hope it gives you hell

Sherlock saw you wave and smile sarcastically. In complete and utter confusion, he knitted his brows tighter. Why are you smiling and waving? He gave up.